FORUM SPONSORS > MAK Grills

My first Tri-Tip

(1/3) > >>

SmokinKat:
Cannot believe I haven't done this before!!!   (Full disclosure, I still have never cooked a brisket either, but I'm making baby steps!!)  :) 

I found a tri tip roast in the "used meat bin" (discount section) at Safeway awhile back, so this poor cut has been languishing in my freezer for a couple of months.  I pulled it out and let it thaw last week, and decided to give it a tri (har har har) this weekend.

Smeared the roast down with a little olive oil, and a nice sprinkle of MAK sweet rub, then onto the 2 Star on SMOKE for a couple of hours.

Cranked the grill up to high, and removed the flamezone cover, then seared the outside of the roast until it hit 125° in the thickest part.

I set it aside to rest a bit, and sauteed up some brussel sprouts in butter in the cast iron.

James likes his steak a little more well done than I do, so this was perfect--  he got the thinner end where it was closer to medium, and I got the thick succulent medium rare that I love!

Drizzled a little balsamic glaze on the brussel sprouts, and we had ourselves a damn fine meal!

My slices were tender enough to cut with a fork!  Boy oh boy will I be doing this again!! 

Smokin Don:
OH that looks good Kat!!! Love the sprouts too!!! See what you been missing! I need to do more too! Don

akruckus:
I'll take a plate, with a little horseradish please!  BS with some bacon too!

Pappymn:
Beautiful steak. Give Muebe my green orbs of death

SmokinKat:
Double helping of green orbs of death for Muebe, you got it!!  :)    :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version