FORUM SPONSORS > MAK Grills

My first Tri-Tip

<< < (3/3)

sparky:
Great cook Kat.

TMB:
That looks wonderful!  Well drop the green stuff  :D :D :D :D :D

hikerman:
Very nice Kat! Tri-tip and beef shorties are by far my favorite beef cuts! Oh your brussels sprouts look tasty too!
Pssst.... some guys here think they are just gigantic peas!  No names but you know who! :P

smokeasaurus:

--- Quote from: rwalters on June 28, 2016, 04:02:05 PM ---Killer cook! Living in CA, and having tri-tip readily available...I honestly don't understand the infatuation with brisket. Yes, I've done my fair share of brisket cooks, and they are good...but tri-tip?!?!  IMO, no comparison! I have cooked tris so many ways, and in so many different cookers. My favorite method was discovered last year when I started doing low n slow tris on my MAK for 4-5 hours (yep, 4-5 hours). I take it to 130°...pull and rest for a few mins, and then give it a screaming hot sear for 60-75 seconds/side on my kamado. To die for every single time :)

--- End quote ---

I would much rather do a tri-tip or even a chuckie over a brisket. I think a chuckie done right is beefier tasting than a brisket. However, a couple times a year I get the urge to grab a touch nasty 14 lb packer and magically over time turn it into beefy butter  8)

Oh, and great job on the brisket, looks moist and tender.

rwalters:

--- Quote from: smokeasaurus on July 12, 2016, 10:35:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: rwalters on June 28, 2016, 04:02:05 PM ---Killer cook! Living in CA, and having tri-tip readily available...I honestly don't understand the infatuation with brisket. Yes, I've done my fair share of brisket cooks, and they are good...but tri-tip?!?!  IMO, no comparison! I have cooked tris so many ways, and in so many different cookers. My favorite method was discovered last year when I started doing low n slow tris on my MAK for 4-5 hours (yep, 4-5 hours). I take it to 130°...pull and rest for a few mins, and then give it a screaming hot sear for 60-75 seconds/side on my kamado. To die for every single time :)

--- End quote ---

I would much rather do a tri-tip or even a chuckie over a brisket. I think a chuckie done right is beefier tasting than a brisket. However, a couple times a year I get the urge to grab a touch nasty 14 lb packer and magically over time turn it into beefy butter  8)

Oh, and great job on the brisket, looks moist and tender.

--- End quote ---
How do you do your chuckies? Curious!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version