Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Food Safety Issues

Food safety gloves are good for all of us to use.

(1/3) > >>

Tailgating is my game:
As a tailgater clean warm water is the hard to come by so I use food safety gloves to keep everything clean. I do at home also even though I have an outdoor sink with soap.....I wash, I sanitize & I use gloves. Overkill maybe but one sick person is to much for me.

But it is not just putting on gloves.......there is more

1) The key is to change them often. I see people touch raw food & then touch spices, rubs, salt & pepper etc.  If you go to use the spice later with bare hands you could be in trouble if you did not change gloves after touching raw food. Same with utensils & plates. change gloves often.

Even at home I go through lots of gloves when I cook. Yes inside I wash my hands well all the time but cross contamination can really hurt us & our guests.

I have a few sets for different things like long gloves for working with meats that have a cavity like turkey.

2) One other thing Is I hear about people all the time that buy gloves that are not food safe from places like Harbor freight.....Don't save here buy them food safe.

I buy them from all over including local stores  but here is a good company

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/specializedpage.cfm?index=4731&utm_source=webstaurant&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Email-Aug22-2016

Pappymn:
I use them quite a bit. And always with poultry. I buy them at Costco

Tailgating is my game:

--- Quote from: Pappymn on August 22, 2016, 06:27:43 PM ---I use them quite a bit. And always with poultry. I buy them at Costco

--- End quote ---

That's funny Pappy I have never seen them at Costco......do you buy them on-line?  Poultry is a must in my book

Pappymn:

--- Quote from: Tailgating is my game on August 22, 2016, 06:31:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: Pappymn on August 22, 2016, 06:27:43 PM ---I use them quite a bit. And always with poultry. I buy them at Costco

--- End quote ---

That's funny Pappy I have never seen them at Costco......do you buy them on-line?  Poultry is a must in my book

--- End quote ---
Not sure these are the same as what you are using. But they are sold by the pharmacy section in the store.

Kind of what Dr. Jellyfinger would use. 8)

Tailgating is my game:

--- Quote from: Pappymn on August 22, 2016, 06:34:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: Tailgating is my game on August 22, 2016, 06:31:42 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Not sure these are the same as what you are using. But they are sold by the pharmacy section in the store.

Kind of what Dr. Jellyfinger would use. 8)

--- End quote ---

As long as they are food safe they are good in my book.....I will check next time I go

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version