FORUM SPONSORS > Adrenaline Barbecue Co.

Smoke thermometer by Thermoworks review - Director's cut

(1/11) > >>

abcbarbecue:
A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to get my hands on the Smoke thermometer by Thermoworks for a video review.  There is a short version of the review public on YouTube right now.  We had to make it short to satisfy our critics.  I like the short video but feel there was some important info left on the cutting room floor.  Exclusive to Let's Talk BBQ (at least for now) is a private "Director's Cut" of the video that is in its full length glory.  Enjoy!

If you want to pre-order the Smoke you can do that here.  Please note my company get's a small affiliate fee if you use the link, so thank you if you do!  This does not add anything to the overall price.

BTW shipping appears to be only $3.99 so it's minimal.

If you do end up buying I strongly encourage you to bundle in a Pro-Series needle probe.  It's waterproof and reads in 2-4 seconds.  It basically turns your Smoke into a Thermopop!  For $16 it's a steal.

tomcrete1:
Alright I'm sold!  One question though 300' line of site range,  what about inside a building alot of us like to monitor in the house how diminished is the range when you are in a house and say upstairs on a second level?  Thats been my biggest issue with the I grill.

Just Askin :)

abcbarbecue:

--- Quote from: tomcrete1 on October 12, 2016, 03:06:45 PM ---Alright I'm sold!  One question though 300' line of site range,  what about inside a building alot of us like to monitor in the house how diminished is the range when you are in a house and say upstairs on a second level?  Thats been my biggest issue with the I grill.

Just Askin :)

--- End quote ---

Nothing scientific but we walked around our homes with the Smoke receiver and it could handle three walls without losing connectivity.  It's much better than anything you'll get with bluetooth, which is what the iGrill uses.

tomcrete1:
Thank-you!  :)  Love the video

Pappymn:
Great video. I would buy anything from Thermoworks. Great company and products

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version