FORUM SPONSORS > Adrenaline Barbecue Co.

Rib Cook Testing the New Smoke Temp Alarm

(1/4) > >>

HighOnSmoke:
I received my Smoke Thermometer today along with a couple extra probes that I ordered and a free hand held Pocket IR from
Thermoworks.

Here it is out of the box.  Thermoworks was having a great sale the other day on temperature probes so I picked up the extra
ones for about $13.00 each.  I will be testing it out today with some St Louis cut ribs. I dry brined the ribs for about 5 hours with
some kosher salt then seasoned them with Memphis Dust.

After 2 hours the kettle is running between 228 and 235. I am burning KBB with 3 small chunks of hickory. I am also using the
Slow n Sear and the Drip n Griddle.

Ribs are looking good at the 2 hour mark.  I will let them go another 30 to 45 minutes than will be wrapping them.

At the 2:45 mark I wrapped the ribs with a mixture of light brown sugar, honey and butter.

I let them ride in the foil for almost 2 hours.  I removed them from the foil and gave them a light glaze of Longhorn BBQ sauce. 
I also put a small pan of Bush’s Baked Beans on the grill to heat.

Ribs and beans are done!

My plate!  I had to sample the end one.  Awesome flavor and complete bite through on the rib.

I believe I am really going to like the Smoke Thermo.  I still have 2 sets of Maverick ET-732‘s but they have a real bad habit of
losing the signal. I placed the Smoke where I normally do the ET-732 receiver and not once did it lose connection.  Plus it is a
whole lot easier to set up then the ET-732.

Tailgating is my game:
Sounds good - looks good----& I bet it tastes good....Thanks

Savannahsmoker:
Ribs look tasty.
Mike how long did you have the beans in the Weber?

HighOnSmoke:

--- Quote from: Savannahsmoker on November 17, 2016, 07:26:55 PM ---Ribs look tasty.
Mike how long did you have the beans in the Weber?

--- End quote ---

About 30 minutes. Just needed to get them hot. Put them in when I sauced the ribs.

Pappymn:
Great looking food. Those probes look really high quality. Thermoworks makes the best stuff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version