FORUM SPONSORS > Adrenaline Barbecue Co.

Trisket on the Weber

(1/4) > >>

HighOnSmoke:
I seasoned a 3 pound Tri-tip on Sunday with Oakridge BBQ’s Santa Maria rub. I used worcheshire sauce as a binder for the rub. 
It was then refrigerated until today.

I am using the Weber today with the Slow n Sear.  I am burning KBB with post oak and cherry wood chunks.  I am running the
grill at 230. I am monitoring the temperatures with the Smoke thermometer.

Here it is at 140 degrees. I will be wrapping it in foil and back on the grill until it reaches 198 or probe tender. 

I took it to 198 and let it rest for about 30 minutes. Total cooked time was 5 hours. Here it is sliced and ready to eat.

No plated picture tonight.

If you have never tried cooking a tri-tip this way I highly recommend it. Since there is only the 2 of us at home now, it is definitely
cheaper than buying a brisket.  We actually prefer the trisket to a brisket.

hikerman:
That's a sweet looking cook Mike! I will put trisket on my short list of things to do! Trouble is I'm ALWAYS ready to yank my tri-tips off the grill and devour them when they hit 130F! ::)

Pam Gould:
Perfect Mike  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ. 

HighOnSmoke:

--- Quote from: hikerman on November 22, 2016, 07:35:26 PM ---That's a sweet looking cook Mike! I will put trisket on my short list of things to do! Trouble is I'm ALWAYS ready to yank my tri-tips off the grill and devour them when they hit 130F! ::)

--- End quote ---

I've been tempted too Gene, but once you taste it done this way I think you will really like it.

tomcrete1:
Looks great Mike! Not sure what "Post Oak " is :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version