Author Topic: SV Elk Burgers  (Read 606 times)

Offline zueth

SV Elk Burgers
« Reply #-1 on: March 12, 2018, 01:03:18 PM »
In the past I have always cooked my Elk Burgers on the grill, but decided I would try them in SV.  I made patties with the ground elk and weighed each one, so that I knew they all were the same weight. ( 7 ounces)  I seasoned them with Weber Steak and Chop Seasoning.  Then I vaccum packed them but stop the vacuum packer just after the package got tight to burger so it didn't suck out juices or flatten burger.  I cooked it in the SV for 1 hour @130 and then took it out of SV and placed on paper towels to rest for ten minutes and patted dry burger.  Then I finished on the SRG for 1 minute, then flipped and added 2 slices of gruyere cheese to each patty and continued to cook for another minute.  Also toasted the buns at the same time.  I made an aioli that I spread over both buns then topped bottom bun with the burger than on top of that some arugula.  These turned out amazing, I am going to have a hard time not using the SV next time I have elk burgers.

Offline KJRsmoker

Re: SV Elk Burgers
« on: March 12, 2018, 02:08:20 PM »
I just recently bought a Joule sous vide and have used it 3 times so far with burgers.  Honestly, I don't think I'll ever cook a burger without using sous vide.  The burgers are always done perfectly from edge to edge, and they are super juicy. 
2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline bspitt

• GEAUX Tigers!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 03:33:49 PM »
That looks amazing! SV is probably the way to go on Elk, Buffalo, venison, etc burgers as they can dry out and overcook real quick on the grill.

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 05:35:11 PM »
Awesome looking burger!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill