General > Polls

Best budget smoker

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kona:
I'll say the PBC all day. It's a set it and forget it for someone just starting out. I've never monitored temps or attempted to get it to run a certain temp, it does it's thing. My first smoker was a Brinkman electric which immediately went in the garbage after the first cook on the PBC. You can smoke food as well as grill hot and fast on it and you can't beat Noah and his customer service  8)

tlg4942:
1.  Weber Kettle.  I know it's not a smoker per say but it will turn out excellent results with practice and let you do many many other things.
      Mine is the best little grill ever. It will teach you how to control fire as well.

2.  This is #1 if your just looking for smoke.   WSM,  How many times have you heard someone who has any common sense complain about one of these? They work and with a little practice can produce as good of results as a $10K trailer unit.

More importantly: Avoid the cheap gas units.  I have never seen a starter level gas smoker that consistently worked without being a pain sooner than later. 
 I've had a couple...The last time the one I had smutted over 4 roast I threw that *&^%@ almost to Tim's house!  ??? ::) ;D

bspitt:
Since you said "just dip the toe in" - My vote would be weber Kettle with an amazin smoke tube. There is a reason weber has been making the same style Kettle grill since 1952 - it just works! I still use mine all the time even though a own a pellet grill. Simple, quality, budget minded - and using the tube will introduce whomever to the wide world of pellet flavors / types so when they decide to drop some cash on a nice pellet grill, they will be ready!

BP

smokeasaurus:
If you just want a smoker the PBC is the winner, hands down.

However, spend a bit more and get a 22" Weber Performer and you can also grill.

................and there is no shortage of real cool Weber add-ons. Weber and third partys have seen to that :)

Kona:

--- Quote from: smokeasaurus on May 12, 2018, 08:09:28 AM ---If you just want a smoker the PBC is the winner, hands down.

However, spend a bit more and get a 22" Weber Performer and you can also grill.

................and there is no shortage of real cool Weber add-ons. Weber and third partys have seen to that :)

--- End quote ---

I grill on my PBC all the time  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version