Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Cooking Equipment - Tips

Ultimate smash burger tool!!!!

(1/5) > >>

DWard51:
I was browsing another forum and someone posted this video and was asking what smash burger tool that was.

That is one awesome looking smash burger tool.  I did a little online searching and figured out it is a Vollrath 50661 1.6 pound stainless steel "steak weight".   They have them on Amazon for $38.87, but the Webstrauant store has them for $29.99.  Webstrauant store also has a 2.5 pound model for $33.88.  I'm thinking that 2.5 pound model would be the ultimate smash burger tool.  All stainless with a red silicone high heat handle.  The one in the youtube video looks to be the 1.6 pound model and the handle is bend down a little more from use.  This one is NSF certified for food use where as all the modified cement trowels are not.

And yes, I just ordered a 2.5 pound model.  I ended up ordering it from Katom.com in Tennessee.  They had them for $33 and shipping was $7 less than Westraurantstore shipping (which was $20 - wow!).  $45.91 out the door to Georgia.

https://www.katom.com/175-50662.html

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/vollrath-50662-2-5-lb-flat-bottom-steak-weight-with-red-silicone-handle-9-x-4-3-4/92250662.html#

Roget:
Man I want that. But I'm too cheap to buy it.  :D :D

I use a 3 pound cast iron steak press & a sheet of parchment paper.
I use a bigger ball of meat (4-5 oz.) & can't get them that thin.

Now you made me hungry for smashburgers.

smokeasaurus:
cool tool

Pappymn:
I can't buy from webrestaurant.  I will not buy from a company that makes shipping a profit center. Their shipping charges have always been crazy.

Michigan0626:
When I got my flat top I ordered a really stiff and extra wide spatula that is fantastic for smashing. I believe it was the Victorinox 4 or 5 inch wide burger turner. It works great on little 2 ounce smash balls.  But the one you posted looks like yet another future cooking tool I have to have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version