Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Cooking Equipment - Tips

Ultimate smash burger tool!!!!

<< < (5/5)

Pam Gould:
I was just at a Cracker Barrel and they have a cast iron food weight. The handle folds down side ways and the weight is 2 - 3 pounds. The price is $24.99..I bought the one recommended here , but wish I had gotten the cast iron one. .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

DWard51:
I finally got to use the ultimate smash burger tool.  OMG I'm duly impressed. 

My youngest daughter had to work on Memorial day so we did our cookout a day later on Tuesday.  Smash burgers on the Blackstone griddle along with scratch 4 cheese mac & cheese.

I've used cast iron bacon presses, stainless trowels and flippers but nothing holds a candle to this tool.  The bottom is perfectly smooth and it is effortless to smash the burger balls thanks to the heft of this tool. The bottom is so smooth there is no raw meat sticking at all (as can happen with some cast iron due to slightly rough surface).  Also no flexing in the handle thanks to the thickness of the stainless of the 2.5 lb "steak weight".  I have no regrets spending the $40 to get this tool (with shipping). Worth every penny.

Burger balls were about 3.5 ounces each of just ground sirloin and each ball top seasoned lightly with Weber "Steak & Chop" seasoning (which is basically SPOG pre-mixed).  After 30 seconds I "smashed" the balls nice and thin.  Then about 2 minutes later I scraped them off the griddle with the Dexter heavy duty spatula/flipper and hit the reverse side with a little more "Steak & Chop".  Griddle was wide open for maximum crispness and speed. Perfect caramelization and flavor.   

Sorry, the burger smashing and flipping was so fast I did not take any photos, but the tool worked so well I thought I needed to report back.

Pappymn:

--- Quote from: DWard51 on May 29, 2018, 09:17:27 PM ---I finally got to use the ultimate smash burger tool.  OMG I'm duly impressed. 

My youngest daughter had to work on Memorial day so we did our cookout a day later on Tuesday.  Smash burgers on the Blackstone griddle along with scratch 4 cheese mac & cheese.

I've used cast iron bacon presses, stainless trowels and flippers but nothing holds a candle to this tool.  The bottom is perfectly smooth and it is effortless to smash the burger balls thanks to the heft of this tool. The bottom is so smooth there is no raw meat sticking at all (as can happen with some cast iron due to slightly rough surface).  Also no flexing in the handle thanks to the thickness of the stainless of the 2.5 lb "steak weight".  I have no regrets spending the $40 to get this tool (with shipping). Worth every penny.

Burger balls were about 3.5 ounces each of just ground sirloin and each ball top seasoned lightly with Weber "Steak & Chop" seasoning (which is basically SPOG pre-mixed).  After 30 seconds I "smashed" the balls nice and thin.  Then about 2 minutes later I scraped them off the griddle with the Dexter heavy duty spatula/flipper and hit the reverse side with a little more "Steak & Chop".  Griddle was wide open for maximum crispness and speed. Perfect caramelization and flavor.   

Sorry, the burger smashing and flipping was so fast I did not take any photos, but the tool worked so well I thought I needed to report back.

--- End quote ---
Got a link?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pappymn:

--- Quote from: DWard51 on May 29, 2018, 09:17:27 PM ---I finally got to use the ultimate smash burger tool.  OMG I'm duly impressed. 

--- End quote ---
Got a link?

sschorr:

--- Quote from: Pappymn on May 29, 2018, 11:08:08 PM ---

--- End quote ---
Got a link?

--- End quote ---

https://www.amazon.com/Vollrath-50662-Handled-Pound-Weight/dp/B0084FIVMC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1527691594&sr=8-2&keywords=50662

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version