Author Topic: Friday Babyback Ribs  (Read 15312 times)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Friday Babyback Ribs
« Reply #-1 on: November 30, 2018, 05:09:52 PM »
It felt like a rib Friday for us. I seasoned this rack of Heritage Farms Cheshire Pork Babyback ribs with Heaven Made Texas Best
Rib Rub early this morning. Here they are coming up to room temperature.

I am using the Backwoods Chubby 3400 and will be burning KBB with a couple chunks of hickory. I will be cooking at 250, using
the water pan and BBQ Guru.

A little over 2 hours into the cook and the ribs are ready to wrap. Just a little apple juice in the foil and back into the smoker.

I cooked them in the wrap for 45 minutes then sauced them with Daigle’s Garlic Pecan sauce. I let the sauce set up for 25
minutes. Here they are off the smoker. I will rest them while the side of onion rings is being made.

Here’s my plate of deliciousness!

Fantastic dinner tonight. Ribs had the perfect amount of smoke, seasoning and were bite through without falling off the bone.

I am also using my early Christmas present from my wife to photograph this cook. She bought me a Sony A7ii on a great
Black Friday deal. First full frame I have used since my film days many many years ago.  I shot these with the Sony 55mm F1.8 lens.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Jaxon

Re: Friday Babyback Ribs
« on: November 30, 2018, 05:38:55 PM »
what great lookin' cook Mike!

And that picture IS worth a thousand words...most excellent.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline rwalters

Friday Babyback Ribs
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 06:36:42 PM »
Fantastic looking ribs! You seem to really like that lil Chubby! For a long time I have wondered if I’d enjoy a smoker like that... one of the few types I have never owned. How old is that smoker and how has it held up?  What’s the preheat time look like (startup to settled and cooking) at 250ish? What’s the cleanup like?
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 06:51:17 PM »
Fantastic looking ribs! You seem to really like that lil Chubby! For a long time I have wondered if I’d enjoy a smoker like that... one of the few types I have never owned. How old is that smoker and how has it held up?  What’s the preheat time look like (startup to settled and cooking) at 250ish? What’s the cleanup like?

Thanks Robb!  I have only had the Chubby for a month or so. It is holding up great. I have done several cooks on it (just haven't posted all of them) and it is like it is still new. It is a solid cooker, doesn't leak and it normally takes about 30 to 45 minutes to get to 350, depending on the temperature. Easy peasey clean up. I shut it down by closing all vents and once it is cool I will remove the water pan and whatever racks I used and clean them. Ash cleanup is great since that ash grate sits inside an ash pan. So far I am really liking it. I still use my Weber and of course I will always use my pellet grills. Just depends on what kind of cooking mode I am feeling at the time. For $799 and free shipping I couldn't pass it up.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline rwalters

Friday Babyback Ribs
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 11:16:06 AM »

Thanks Robb!  I have only had the Chubby for a month or so. It is holding up great. I have done several cooks on it (just haven't posted all of them) and it is like it is still new. It is a solid cooker, doesn't leak and it normally takes about 30 to 45 minutes to get to 350, depending on the temperature. Easy peasey clean up. I shut it down by closing all vents and once it is cool I will remove the water pan and whatever racks I used and clean them. Ash cleanup is great since that ash grate sits inside an ash pan. So far I am really liking it. I still use my Weber and of course I will always use my pellet grills. Just depends on what kind of cooking mode I am feeling at the time. For $799 and free shipping I couldn't pass it up.
Thanks for the info! :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline RAD

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 12:36:17 PM »
what great lookin' cook Mike!

And that picture IS worth a thousand words...most excellent.
Jax is so right. x2
Love to cook and eat

Offline Pappymn

Friday Babyback Ribs
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 03:24:53 PM »
Beautiful looking plate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 06:59:13 PM »
That Chubby is definitely a keeper :thumbup:

But I have seen many a great rib cook by you on other smokers so..................

it is the cook and not the cooker  :thumbup: :thumbup:
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 08:01:08 PM »
Those  look mighty fine.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 02:03:04 PM »

It is the cook and not the cooker  :thumbup: :thumbup:

X2

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 02:03:51 PM »
Beautiful ribs :thumbup:
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION