OTHER HOBBIES > OTHER HOBBIES

Home Renovations??

(1/9) > >>

RG:
Do we have any Bob Vila types amongst us? I know I certainly do not fall in that category but somehow my wife has the notion that I can do anything. Flattering? Yes. Logical? Not even close.

It doesn't stop her from getting me to go along with her shenanigans and delving into "little" projects. I am slap dab in the middle of one those projects now with hopes it'll be done this weekend, maybe sooner. She suckered me into "freshing up" our master bath. I fell for it. You would think I would've learned by now, lol.

At any rate, what are some of the things you guys and gals are doing or have done? I love seeing what people can do, it's like watching HGTV!

sparky:
I'm my wife's handyman.  If I don't know how to do something she tells my to watch a YouTube videos.  I have roofed, painted inside and outside of houses, replace fans and light fixtures, lite cement work, put up fences, pergola, privacy screens, put in flooring, taken out walls and then put back up because she didn't like it (i was mad about that one).  In the next month I am tearing down both bathrooms and kitchen.  I haven't done plumbing or tile work yet.  Do I like it.  No!. But I got a great wife who loves me.  Don't know why?. I don't care.  She lets me bbq, fish and play ball and disc golf.  She's a fantastic cook and very pretty.  I have nothing  to complain about and someday I might be done with all these projects. 

Salmonsmoker:
I'm a residential general contractor. I used to be full service, but as the years have added on I've focussed my business in kitchen and bath remodels. I'm in WA ST, and not far from where Sparky is planning on settling. Maybe I should hire him so I can sit and BS with him while he works. ;D  I haven't signed on to a new picture hosting site since the last one started to charge for them,  so I can't post any pics here yet. Remodels have regional flavors, so what sells in one area doesn't in another. If you want to PM me I can text you some pictures of our remodels. Maybe you can get some ideas from them.

RG:
Salmonsmoker, try imgur. Works great for me!

Salmonsmoker:

--- Quote from: RG on January 30, 2019, 10:20:02 PM ---Salmonsmoker, try imgur. Works great for me!

--- End quote ---

I'll have a look at it tonight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version