Recipes > Beef Recipes

Burnt ends with Bottom Round Roast

(1/3) > >>

TMB:
Finialy got to try the bottom round roast as burnt ends.   These were very good, just not as tender as I wish they would have been.   Great flavor though!

I used Beef Broth and 3 Tbs of GunPowder and mixed into a brine/marinade let it soak 20 hrs before smoking.    I smoked 3 hrs then cut into chuncks before puting them back into smoker for another hr or so till they had a good bark on them,  then back into the beef broth bath  ;) to braise for another hour   

Pam Gould:
Tommy..do you think cooking them longer would have made them more tender? the ones I had were cooked a lot longer..wondering.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

TMB:

--- Quote from: Pam Gould on August 12, 2019, 09:52:11 AM ---Tommy..do you think cooking them longer would have made them more tender? the ones I had were cooked a lot longer..wondering.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

--- End quote ---
YES!    Next cook I'm going to smoke for 6 hrs with moister in the pan then cut up and smoke another hr before puting them into a sauce

Guess bottom round is a very tough cut may have to smoke 7 hrs before cutting up?   Any thoughts??

Salmonsmoker:
Tommy, what about sous vide first to tenderize, then on the grill for the burnt ends?

sparky:

--- Quote from: Salmonsmoker on August 12, 2019, 11:09:57 AM ---Tommy, what about sous vide first to tenderize, then on the grill for the burnt ends?

--- End quote ---

Good idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version