Outdoor Cooking Equipment > Electric Smokers

Electric smoker advice.

(1/3) > >>

AndyL:
I'm looking to pick up a new electric smoker to be used primarily for hanging sausage in and possibly other cured meats. For all my other cooking needs I have my PBC.

I'd prefer something that's digitally controlled and can hold it's heat well, even in cold weather. Any thoughts,  opinions or shared knowledge and expertise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

smokeasaurus:
I am thinking Masterbuilt if you want to stay in the 200-400 dollar neighborhood

If you want a smoker to last forever:  smokin it      smoking tex     cookshack        cry once says  The Smoke  :thumbup:

Jaxon:
i had a Masterbuilt  for years before I finally let it go.

It served me well making jerky so many times. 

RAD:
I have the Masterbuilt. I really never use it, i prefer the kettle using the SnS over electric for smoking. But for hanging sausage it should be fine.

TentHunteR:
I have a Masterbuilt and really like it, but to be honest the main reason I bought it was to use as a portable oven, of sorts, for heating up and holding four trays of Mac & Cheese, etc. for larger cookouts that I do a couple times per year.

Occasionally I will use it for smoking something where I want to apply a light smoke for a short period. Otherwise, for smoking sausages, bacon, hams, etc.  I prefer using my MAK pellet grill/smoker.

But as far as quality in electric smokers, they're well insulated and hard to beat for the money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version