Recipes > Rubs, mops, sauces, GRAVYS and marinades

Looking For Some New Rubs

<< < (2/3) > >>

rexster314:
If you have an Academy nearby, the rubs from BB (charcoal people) are very good. I have one for beef and one for pork/chicken

ronman451:
One of my favorites is Oakridge BBQ Black OPS Brisket Rub. Plowboys makes some decent rubs too. My wife's favorite for chicken is Cattleman's Grill Ranchero Seasoning.

Hub:
I have two rubs that I've used for years that I was introduced to by Rod Gray the 2010 KCBS champ.  They are Smokin' Guns Hot and Cimarron Doc's.  Both are available from all the online BBQ supply houses in various sizes.  SGH is the spicier of the two but loses the heat when used during smoking.  CD's is sweeter and good on almost everything.  I even make a mix of the two sometimes.

Hub

SC Cooker:
Look up B.R.I.T.U. (Best Ribs In The Universe). This has been my go to for several years for anything pork. I have tweaked it some, but the basic receipt is a great start.

RG:

This is some of my rub and spice collection (the ones I use the most). I have some on the other wall of my pantry that are in bags, miscellaneous things.

As you can tell, I am a big Simply Marvelous Rubs fan. My 2 favorites of theirs are the Season All, which I am currently out of and the Peppered Cow. The Peppered Cow is what's in the bottom picture in the quart container under the Weber Coffee Rub. I like Peppered Cow so much that I bought a 5 pound bag of it and divided it up in containers and put in my garage fridge, lol.

I even have some of Tee's rubs from Savor Spices. I know they have a shelf life but I'll use them up one day!

I use Peppered Cow on anything beef, from burgers to brisket. It is my GO TO for brisket, I don't use and won't use anything else as it checks all of the boxes for what I want on a brisket. The Season All is FANTASTIC on chicken. I use it as a dry brine. Sprinkle it on and let it sit for 4 hours or so and grill, it tastes a lot like Waffle House's grilled chicken. Excellent in my book!

The Cherry Rub is great as well, I use it on ribs and the meat side and use season all on the bone side, they work well together. The Spicy Apple is also good. In reality, they don;t make a product I haven't liked!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version