Recipes > Rubs, mops, sauces, GRAVYS and marinades

Questions about Jan's Rub?

<< < (2/2)

TMB:
Jans rub is outstanding!   Used it a lot but I do not use it for the BigEasy cooks infrared will burn the sugar way to fast

KyNola:
Hi BillC, my wife and I developed Jan's Original Dry Rub.  Yes, the sugar is white.  When we developed the recipe we had poultry in mind but it took on a life of its own.  Good on ribs, pork butts, almost anything.  People are even using it on popcorn.  We didn't see that coming but it's really good on popcorn. 

Hope you enjoy it.

BillC:

--- Quote from: TMB on April 18, 2020, 10:36:17 AM ---Jans rub is outstanding!   Used it a lot but I do not use it for the BigEasy cooks infrared will burn the sugar way to fast

--- End quote ---
Hi TMB, thanks for the info. I can't wait to try it, gotta make a spice run first to replenish my supply. Yeah, I was figuring the sugar content would be too high for the BE so I plan on using the rub on indirect cooks in my Performer and Akorn. Can't wait to try it.

BillC:

--- Quote from: KyNola on April 18, 2020, 10:40:49 AM ---Hi BillC, my wife and I developed Jan's Original Dry Rub.  Yes, the sugar is white.  When we developed the recipe we had poultry in mind but it took on a life of its own.  Good on ribs, pork butts, almost anything.  People are even using it on popcorn.  We didn't see that coming but it's really good on popcorn. 

Hope you enjoy it.

--- End quote ---

Hi KyNola, thank you for the reply. And also for you and your wife creating and sharing this rub. I haven't tried it yet (need to get more spices) but already know by the ingredients that I will most  likely enjoy it. It has so many outstanding reviews that it's hard to imagine otherwise.

I've been searching for a new AP rub recipe, and may very likely have just found it, thanks to you and your wife. 

I'll be sure to post some comments once I've made and tried it.

Thanks again for sharing,

Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version