Other Cooking Equipment > Cast Iron & Campfire Cooking

Pittsburgh Steak Salad

<< < (3/3)

rmalik1:

--- Quote from: sliding_billy on November 12, 2020, 03:36:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: rmalik1 on November 12, 2020, 03:21:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: sliding_billy on August 29, 2020, 01:45:50 PM ---Thin cut Chuck steak in cast iron, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, ranch and of course fries.

--- End quote ---

As a Pittsburgher looks good but not quite right. I would use NY Strip or similar steak. Lettuce and such on the bottom of plate, followed strips of steak topped with fries and dressing also the use of shredded cheese is a option. Chicken strips can replace steak even buffalo chicken strips - honey glazed....

--- End quote ---

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh living between there and NW PA until I was 40.  I tend to agree about the strip (chuck steak of on sale though), and my wife (also a 'yinzer) totally agrees about chicken.  Fries are of course what makes it "Pittsburgh" just like a Primanti Bros sandwich.  As long as you don't tell me to use cheddar instead of mozzarella, we are good with or without cheese.  I actually had it in there but forgot to mention it.

--- End quote ---

Traveled in 5th wheel with wife for 2 years and moved from Brookline section of city out to the sticks in Rostraver Twp. We lived in the Burgh our whole life (excluded tour of duty in USN) Love Pgh. Salad, Perogies, Haluski, City Chicken, Isaly's Chipped Ham,a Hoagie,Good slice of Pizza (Beto's, Vincent's on Ardmore Blvd, Fiori's,Mineo's...) and a Pop .......

sliding_billy:

--- Quote from: rmalik1 on November 15, 2020, 02:44:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: sliding_billy on November 12, 2020, 03:36:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: rmalik1 on November 12, 2020, 03:21:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: sliding_billy on August 29, 2020, 01:45:50 PM ---Thin cut Chuck steak in cast iron, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, ranch and of course fries.

--- End quote ---

As a Pittsburgher looks good but not quite right. I would use NY Strip or similar steak. Lettuce and such on the bottom of plate, followed strips of steak topped with fries and dressing also the use of shredded cheese is a option. Chicken strips can replace steak even buffalo chicken strips - honey glazed....

--- End quote ---

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh living between there and NW PA until I was 40.  I tend to agree about the strip (chuck steak of on sale though), and my wife (also a 'yinzer) totally agrees about chicken.  Fries are of course what makes it "Pittsburgh" just like a Primanti Bros sandwich.  As long as you don't tell me to use cheddar instead of mozzarella, we are good with or without cheese.  I actually had it in there but forgot to mention it.

--- End quote ---

Traveled in 5th wheel with wife for 2 years and moved from Brookline section of city out to the sticks in Rostraver Twp. We lived in the Burgh our whole life (excluded tour of duty in USN) Love Pgh. Salad, Perogies, Haluski, City Chicken, Isaly's Chipped Ham,a Hoagie,Good slice of Pizza (Beto's, Vincent's on Ardmore Blvd, Fiori's,Mineo's...) and a Pop .......

--- End quote ---

My dad and I used to go to Beto's regularly (extra cheese so that you go  the huge handful of unmeted cheese).  I laughed when I saw you mention it.  The funniest part is that my wife is from Dormont and thinks Beto's is the most disgusting thing ever.  It is certainly a "love it or hate it" food.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version