Outdoor Cooking Equipment > Stick Burners

My daughter has renounced veganism so.......

(1/4) > >>

RG:
I put the KBQ to work and smoked a prime brisket, a butt, a rack of baby backs and a chicken :P

Served with buttered corn on the cob with bacon salt, fried red potatoes and onions, brunswick stew, Alabama white sauce for the chicken, some sweet heat pickles and brisket baked beans made from scratch (dry beans). I actually forgot the beans when taking the picture so I had to take one of them ala carte, lol.

Made up some nice peach sweet tea to wash it down. The plate above was mine, I ate maybe half. My eyes were bigger than my stomach it seems :)

Tailgating is my game:
I don't have your problem RG. I could finish that plate faster than a pack of hungry wolves. Outstanding ++++

Tailgating is my game:
not to take away from anyone else but this cook is in my Hall of fame of cooking. Amazing. As i sit here eating packaged cheese & packaged turkey. My wife has me on a diet again.

You need to open a restaurant......forget the other hobbies amazing

RG:

--- Quote from: Tailgating is my game on December 21, 2020, 05:11:14 PM ---not to take away from anyone else but this cook is in my Hall of fame of cooking. Amazing. As i sit here eating packaged cheese & packaged turkey. My wife has me on a diet again.

--- End quote ---

Hahaha! I appreciate the kudos Richard but I'm a hack really. Jaxon is Backyard Jack, I'm backyard hack, lol. The thing is, with me at least, once I do all of that cooking it's actually hard to sit down and eat. Back pre-covid (remember THOSE days?) I would have friends and family over and I'd cook up a storm then just sit back and watch every body else eat. They'd always say "Aren't you going to eat?" and I would just tell them to go ahead and I'd get some later. Eventually Stephanie would make me a plate and tell me to eat, lol.

I don't normally cook those big spreads any more, I actually dialed it back some this round. I didn't make collards, slaw or potato salad or dessert this round. I didn't make ABTs or moinks, I only did one rack of ribs but it DID feel good to roll some smoke! It's been a bit since I played with fire.

Tailgating is my game:

--- Quote from: RG on December 21, 2020, 06:41:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: Tailgating is my game on December 21, 2020, 05:11:14 PM ---not to take away from anyone else but this cook is in my Hall of fame of cooking. Amazing. As i sit here eating packaged cheese & packaged turkey. My wife has me on a diet again.

--- End quote ---

Hahaha! I appreciate the kudos Richard but I'm a hack really. Jaxon is Backyard Jack, I'm backyard hack, lol. The thing is, with me at least, once I do all of that cooking it's actually hard to sit down and eat. Back pre-covid (remember THOSE days?) I would have friends and family over and I'd cook up a storm then just sit back and watch every body else eat. They'd always say "Aren't you going to eat?" and I would just tell them to go ahead and I'd get some later. Eventually Stephanie would make me a plate and tell me to eat, lol.

I don't normally cook those big spreads any more, I actually dialed it back some this round. I didn't make collards, slaw or potato salad or dessert this round. I didn't make ABTs or moinks, I only did one rack of ribs but it DID feel good to roll some smoke! It's been a bit since I played with fire.

--- End quote ---

I am not blowing smoke at you.....this looks fantastic....you are not a hack.....I win that award lol.  I have a friend that eats off the grill as he cooks. then when it is time for the guests to eat he is full. I guess if he is still standing the food is safe for us to eat lol.

I mean every word. Outstanding!!!!!

My daughter is still a vegan, my wife is 90% vegetarian my son is 89 a pct picky eater so that leaves the dog & me as carnivores. Takes the fun out of cooking. We are having lamb for Christmas so that will be good. 3 out of four lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version