Recipes > Healthy Alternatives

Breaded steak on grill (Almond flour/ Parmesan breading)

(1/1)

TMB:
I wanted to try my Alond Flour/ Parmesan mix on the grill instead of frying

So here is the cook...

I use cube steak and then add a little oil (if frying use egg)
I mix 50/50 almond flour and parmesan cheese add a little salt to taste and parsly.

I dip the steak in the oil then dredge the steak into the mix then set in the fridge for a few hours to set up

Set the SRG on med high temp setting and cleaned the grate. I then added some pellets for a little smoke flavor.

Normally the breading stays on well but this did not?  Not sure why and any suggestions are welcomed

Taste was wonderful though!   

pmillen:
Interesting and inventive idea.  I've never floured anything that I've grilled.

Tailgating is my game:
It looks good to me Tommy how did it taste? Could you add more crumbs later after it sets for a few seconds or would that ruin it???? Also, anything else that we can use besides Almond Flour for low carb as my wife can't have Almonds? But it looks good to me!

It has been so long since I have bought steaks have cube steaks gone up that much?

TMB:

--- Quote from: Tailgating is my game on April 12, 2021, 11:48:45 AM ---It looks good to me Tommy how did it taste? Could you add more crumbs later after it sets for a few seconds or would that ruin it???? Also, anything else that we can use besides Almond Flour for low carb as my wife can't have Almonds? But it looks good to me!

It has been so long since I have bought steaks have cube steaks gone up that much?

--- End quote ---
Coconut flour will work fine, I just prefer Almond flour.

Taste was great just wish I could keep the breading on a little better

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version