General > Product Reviews

Bought a Portable Freezer & Fridge from Setpower UPDATE

<< < (3/3)

TMB:
Kimmie just wants to make sure it keeps BEER COLD  :D :D :D

Tailgating is my game:

--- Quote from: TMB on April 16, 2021, 08:16:12 AM ---Kimmie just wants to make sure it keeps BEER COLD  :D :D :D

--- End quote ---

LOL Tommy tell her it does....I still think a soda/beer coming from a cooler dripping with Ice water is best But I have ruined many a sandwich with cooler water......they can work together well. some can be used in cooler mode or power mode & some have half a freezer & half a fridge,

I am just amazed at how nice these things are.

After I bought it my wife Barbara asked if I can you sleep in it & I asked her why......she said you may be in it for the next week....I said I will take the couch instead. lol

No i just think there are so many choices that they may help people on here in many ways

Tailgating is my game:

--- Quote from: stalag on April 15, 2021, 11:44:27 PM ---

--- Quote from: stalag on April 15, 2021, 06:16:52 PM ---Due to my food allergy, I have an Engel freezer/fridge that I stuff when I travel.  Food can be an issue when I am visiting people and if they are unaware, I can get very ill.  In the reviews I found the Engel line seems to be the toughest available.

Link to the item I own currently.  Yes I have it on 120V use currently.  It also works nicely in my car.

https://engelcoolers.com/collections/powered-fridge-freezers/products/mr40-overland-fridge

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Tailgating is my game ---I am interested if you have tested it in the heat with the power off? that is the only question I have on my unit but in all fairness I have just tested it with one small container of frozen water. a full freezer last longer in the house. for $139.00 for the 21 & 123.00 for the 13 qt plus two unit discount I am very happy. Why with the power off it would allow you to keep it off at night to save power.

Even small boats/RV's with a small fridge can use these for freezers since the others are very small or second fridges.

--- End quote ---

To be had, the Engel for a duration of an hour or two in a hot car can keep ice cream rock hard in those temperatures in an enclosed car on a 95F day.  How do I know?  I did it.  However if I am staying somewhere, the Engel can be plugged in 120V power and needs that to stay cold longer.  You run risks draining the battery beyond 4 hours use in the vehicle when off and the time is shorter the hotter things are.  Right at this moment I am using my unit in my house as I needed the extra freezer space when convalescing.  I hope this answers your questions.

--- End quote ---

Yes it does & thanks & I hope you are feeling better. there are so many kinds, choices, prices & options out there that they seem to be a great option for people on here.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version