Outdoor Cooking Equipment > Charcoal Grills

Pepper Stout Beef on the PK Grill

(1/3) > >>

HighOnSmoke:
This is a 3 pound chuck roast that I seasoned last night with Killer Hog's TX Brisket rub. 
'

4 hours in and it is time to get in the pan with the veggies. I am burning B&B Oak charcoal with a couple chunks of oak.

I varied a little from the original recipe by Larry Wolfe by adding orange bell peppers and not putting Worcestershire sauce in
the mix. I also did not move it to the oven once I covered it.

Another 3 hours and it was probe tender at 208. I pulled it and put it back on the PK to cook down some of the liquid.

I put some jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese on the direct side for an appetizer.

My plate with some pasta salad that my wife made.

It was definitely a delicious and filling dinner. I believe it was 2 years ago when I last made PSB. It won't be that long next time.

Here is the link to the recipe: http://www.thewolfepit.com/2009/10/pepper-stout-beef.html

Old Dave:
Looks great. That recipe is in my favorites list and have made it several times.

IR2dum:
Mike, that is a pretty tasty and good looking PK cook. Love those stuffed jalapenos.

ACW3:
Mike,
If and when we can all get together for another outing at Jack's Backyard, consider making this again.  It looks and sounds fantastic.  That may be one of the first meals I cook after we, finally, get to move into our new house.  Can't wait to throw some smoke in the air for my new neighbors.

Art

smokeasaurus:
BBQ's greatest recipe done proper!!!!

Great cook HOS  :thumbup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version