Outdoor Cooking Equipment > Gas Grills

Grilled Soft Crabs

<< < (5/5)

tlg4942:

--- Quote from: Salmonsmoker on September 21, 2021, 10:53:22 AM ---I am curious about soft shelled crabs. I have never lived near an area where they are on the menu. When I've been in those areas where they are, it's never occurred to me to seek these out. Are they harvested right after molting and therefore have a soft shell? How do you eat them, shell and all?

--- End quote ---
Typically they are fried, You do eat the shell and they are soft just after molting.  They do have to be cleaned properly but it's not hard to do.  If you find them fresh they are fantastic!  We have a fish house in town that ticks them into molting so we can find them a lot more often. They are pricy in restaurants but well worth it as far as I am concerned. 
  I really want to try grilling some. 

Jaxon:

--- Quote from: tlg4942 on September 16, 2021, 09:10:29 AM ---  That looks awesome right there!    I need to pick some up and give this a try.  Softshells are one of my favorite things.

--- End quote ---

I know a good place to try 'em out...maybe trying them out with friends.

tlg4942:

--- Quote from: Jaxon on September 23, 2021, 09:04:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: tlg4942 on September 16, 2021, 09:10:29 AM ---  That looks awesome right there!    I need to pick some up and give this a try.  Softshells are one of my favorite things.

--- End quote ---

I know a good place to try 'em out...maybe trying them out with friends.

--- End quote ---
I'll do a little research on the feasibility.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version