Author Topic: Andouilli Smoked  (Read 5613 times)

Offline zipp12

• got Q?
Andouilli Smoked
« Reply #-1 on: October 30, 2021, 04:44:26 PM »
So I like to host my own images, but this site is HTTPS so it yould be 60.00 a year for me to get https...  Without the https in your pic link the pics WILL NOT RENDER!!!

I ran with google albums for a shot term solution..

Smoked this sausage with Pecan chuncks low and slow!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gL9ngiAhNospA4bJ6

I rather have this pics in your face on this site
Lang 36
Webber 22
UDS

Offline Cajunate

• Eatin Louisiana
Re: Andouilli Smoked
« on: October 30, 2021, 07:30:13 PM »

Nicely done Zipp!!!!

Where are you?
I'm right outside of New Orleans and in the process of doing the Andouille Trail. Last weekend I went to four Cajun specialty markets. Got andouille from three of them. The fourth one I got too involved in getting boudin, tasso, hogs head cheese craklins and forgot to get the andouille. Oh well, not a problem I'll just HAVE to back. Maybe next weekend will be a longer road trip for more andouille and boudin. I'm building a long list for this time. I do this every year or so because I love andouille and the smells when you walk into one of these stores is amazing.

Again, nice job on your's. I keep putting off making my own.

Traeger Executive 125
Broil King Keg 4000
Primo Jr. Oval
 Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot
Various Outdoor Burners and Pots
Custom made Deep Fryer
Old Fashioned Open Pit Grill

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 07:35:46 PM »
Great photos. One of the things I don't do is make sausage because I'm not that competent and, more to the point, SWMBO would go ballistic if I bought all the necessary tools to make even bigger messes than the ones I make without doing sausage. My main regret in that arena is that I can't get decent andouille except for what I bring home from the usually annual trip to Louisiana (and since I prefer to get it at Wayne Jacobs in La Place, even that option is off the table, at least for now).

Do you ship?

OBTW, I see you're from Virginia Beach. I grew up in Virginia and was a lifeguard at the Beach one summer back in the mid-60s. Last time I was there (about 20 years ago) the only thing I recognized was the old part of the Cavalier which was the absolute north end of town back in the day. Now I guess "civilization" stretches all the way to Norfolk (although I'm told there is still some greenery around Ft. Story).
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline zipp12

• got Q?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 08:07:54 PM »

Nicely done Zipp!!!!

Where are you?
I'm right outside of New Orleans and in the process of doing the Andouille Trail. Last weekend I went to four Cajun specialty markets. Got andouille from three of them. The fourth one I got too involved in getting boudin, tasso, hogs head cheese craklins and forgot to get the andouille. Oh well, not a problem I'll just HAVE to back. Maybe next weekend will be a longer road trip for more andouille and boudin. I'm building a long list for this time. I do this every year or so because I love andouille and the smells when you walk into one of these stores is amazing.

Again, nice job on your's. I keep putting off making my own.

Its not hard but you need a good smoke house!

I use the lang with a tiney fire until I want it cooked and as you saw ... pecan!
I can supply further details in chat
Lang 36
Webber 22
UDS

Offline zipp12

• got Q?
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 08:12:00 PM »
Great photos. One of the things I don't do is make sausage because I'm not that competent and, more to the point, SWMBO would go ballistic if I bought all the necessary tools to make even bigger messes than the ones I make without doing sausage. My main regret in that arena is that I can't get decent andouille except for what I bring home from the usually annual trip to Louisiana (and since I prefer to get it at Wayne Jacobs in La Place, even that option is off the table, at least for now).

Do you ship?

OBTW, I see you're from Virginia Beach. I grew up in Virginia and was a lifeguard at the Beach one summer back in the mid-60s. Last time I was there (about 20 years ago) the only thing I recognized was the old part of the Cavalier which was the absolute north end of town back in the day. Now I guess "civilization" stretches all the way to Norfolk (although I'm told there is still some greenery around Ft. Story).

Its not the 20 year old VB ... its crazy but they try to control the thugs and make it a family place...  the early Oct ... we enjoyed adult beverages and a band!
you need to do the sausage thing and ambrase cure 1
Lang 36
Webber 22
UDS