Outdoor Cooking Equipment > Stick Burners

Andouilli Smoked

(1/1)

zipp12:
So I like to host my own images, but this site is HTTPS so it yould be 60.00 a year for me to get https...  Without the https in your pic link the pics WILL NOT RENDER!!!

I ran with google albums for a shot term solution..

Smoked this sausage with Pecan chuncks low and slow!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gL9ngiAhNospA4bJ6

I rather have this pics in your face on this site

Cajunate:

Nicely done Zipp!!!!

Where are you?
I'm right outside of New Orleans and in the process of doing the Andouille Trail. Last weekend I went to four Cajun specialty markets. Got andouille from three of them. The fourth one I got too involved in getting boudin, tasso, hogs head cheese craklins and forgot to get the andouille. Oh well, not a problem I'll just HAVE to back. Maybe next weekend will be a longer road trip for more andouille and boudin. I'm building a long list for this time. I do this every year or so because I love andouille and the smells when you walk into one of these stores is amazing.

Again, nice job on your's. I keep putting off making my own.

Ka Honu:
Great photos. One of the things I don't do is make sausage because I'm not that competent and, more to the point, SWMBO would go ballistic if I bought all the necessary tools to make even bigger messes than the ones I make without doing sausage. My main regret in that arena is that I can't get decent andouille except for what I bring home from the usually annual trip to Louisiana (and since I prefer to get it at Wayne Jacobs in La Place, even that option is off the table, at least for now).

Do you ship?

OBTW, I see you're from Virginia Beach. I grew up in Virginia and was a lifeguard at the Beach one summer back in the mid-60s. Last time I was there (about 20 years ago) the only thing I recognized was the old part of the Cavalier which was the absolute north end of town back in the day. Now I guess "civilization" stretches all the way to Norfolk (although I'm told there is still some greenery around Ft. Story).

zipp12:

--- Quote from: Cajunate on October 30, 2021, 07:30:13 PM ---

Nicely done Zipp!!!!

Where are you?
I'm right outside of New Orleans and in the process of doing the Andouille Trail. Last weekend I went to four Cajun specialty markets. Got andouille from three of them. The fourth one I got too involved in getting boudin, tasso, hogs head cheese craklins and forgot to get the andouille. Oh well, not a problem I'll just HAVE to back. Maybe next weekend will be a longer road trip for more andouille and boudin. I'm building a long list for this time. I do this every year or so because I love andouille and the smells when you walk into one of these stores is amazing.

Again, nice job on your's. I keep putting off making my own.

Its not hard but you need a good smoke house!

I use the lang with a tiney fire until I want it cooked and as you saw ... pecan!
I can supply further details in chat

--- End quote ---

zipp12:

--- Quote from: Ka Honu on October 30, 2021, 07:35:46 PM ---Great photos. One of the things I don't do is make sausage because I'm not that competent and, more to the point, SWMBO would go ballistic if I bought all the necessary tools to make even bigger messes than the ones I make without doing sausage. My main regret in that arena is that I can't get decent andouille except for what I bring home from the usually annual trip to Louisiana (and since I prefer to get it at Wayne Jacobs in La Place, even that option is off the table, at least for now).

Do you ship?

OBTW, I see you're from Virginia Beach. I grew up in Virginia and was a lifeguard at the Beach one summer back in the mid-60s. Last time I was there (about 20 years ago) the only thing I recognized was the old part of the Cavalier which was the absolute north end of town back in the day. Now I guess "civilization" stretches all the way to Norfolk (although I'm told there is still some greenery around Ft. Story).

--- End quote ---

Its not the 20 year old VB ... its crazy but they try to control the thugs and make it a family place...  the early Oct ... we enjoyed adult beverages and a band!
you need to do the sausage thing and ambrase cure 1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version