Outdoor Cooking Equipment > Charcoal Grills

Babyback Ribs on the Weber Master Touch, using the Kettle Zone Cooking System

(1/3) > >>

HighOnSmoke:
It's been awhile since I posted any cooks. So today I decided to smoke some babyback ribs and chose my Weber Master Touch as my cooker. I also used the Kettle Zone Cooking System from Aura Outdoors. I am burning B&B Oak briquettes and a one chunk of cherry wood and one of hickory. The ribs were seasoned with Honey Rib Rub from Recteq grills.

Two hours into the cook and the cooker is holding steady at 235. Ribs are just about ready to wrap.

After 1 1/2 hours in foil the ribs are ready to be glazed with Blues Hog Cherry Chipotle sauce.

After about a 15 minute rest the ribs were sliced. They are super tender (maybe a bit too much) and I could have cut them with a butter knife.

No plated shot. These were almost perfectly cooked. Not quite fall off the bone but just at the edge which is the way we prefer ribs. I will definitely do a repeat performance soon. I haven't used my charcoal cookers much in the past year or so. I sort of got the "retired attitude" and just popped whatever I was cooking in one of my pellet grills. I intend to cook much more over charcoal this year and give my pellet cookers a break. Besides, I had lots of fun doing the minor adjustments to get the grill temperatures steady. Time to make charcoal cooking fun again!  8)

RAD:
Looks great

Big Dawg:
Mike, those ribs look great ! !  In fact, after looking at those, I may pick some Babies up next time instead of St. Louis !

Also looking forward to seeing more of your cooks (Jaxon's too !).

BD

pmillen:
Zowie!

I've been jonesin' for some ribs.  It'll be a few weeks because life issues are getting in the way.  I hope mine turn out as good.

MJSBBQ:
Wasn't familiar with the Aura cooking zone. Thanks for the knowledge! Noticed you put a drip pan below the ribs---makes sense!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version