Author Topic: Dee Stafford's Nekkid Chicken Breast Helpers  (Read 701 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Dee Stafford's Nekkid Chicken Breast Helpers
« Reply #-1 on: February 13, 2013, 09:22:46 PM »
Theses are some great sounding recipes from Dee that I took the liberty to copy to the Poultry Recipes section. Knowing him - they are all good! Dee originally posted these in response to a request for ideas to make boneless, skinless chicken breasts more appealing

We eat chicken breasts about 2-3 times a week and there are so many ways to do them.  Taste of the South magazine has some great recipes and you can go to their website to get them.  What I do for many recipes I take what can be cooked in an oven and modify to do in my SRG or on the grill.  Most are done in the SRG.  If you find the breasts don't have enough flavor, brine with water, salt, and brown sugar as a basic brine and then you can marinade in various marinades.
Here are a couple of recipes:
Grilled Chicken Breasts
2  tsp DiJon mustard
4  chicken breasts halves, skinnned
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 cup butter
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp dried tarrgon
Spread mustard on both sides of breast and sprinkle with pepper.  Cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours. Melt butter.  Stir in lemon juice, garlic salt, and tarragon.  Cook over low heat 5 minutes stirring occasionally.  Grill. Baste with sauce.  Turning and basting every 10 minutes.

Morroccan Grilled Chicken
1/3 c EVOO, 3 cloves mince garlic, 1/4 c fresh lemon juice, 3 T chopped fresh cilantro, 1 tsp ground pepper, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp ground tummeric, 3/4 tsp salt,   1 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes,  3# boneless chicken breasts.
Combine first 9 ingredients in large plastic bag and add chicken.  Mix and refrigerate 1 hour turning. Remove chicken and discard marinade.  Grill chicken and serve over rice.

Maple Mustard-Glazed Chicken
3 T DiJon mustard, 2 T maple syrup,  1 T whole grain mustard,  1 T brown sugar, 1/4 tsp dried thyme, 4 chicken breasts
Stir all but chicken together in small bowl.  Season chicken with salt and pepper.  Brush chicken with mustard mixture.  Grill and brush with mixture after awhile. finish grilling to IT 165*

You can also make individual hobo packets (Is ''hobo'' politically correct anymore?) of cubed chicken breasts, onions cut into rings, sliced potatoes, bell peppers, seasoning, and shredded cheeses.  Just double layer some tin foil put the stuff on the foil and seal.  Put on the grill.
Some recipes that cause for chicken done in the oven in baking pans can be done with the pan on indirect heat on the grill.  I also will take and put pellets or chips on my IR grill and smoke using all the methods on the grill.
Of course wrapping in bacon is a great way to have chicken breasts.  If you don't want to use hog bacon try turkey bacon (done know how that tastes as I ain't never done it)
  Hopefully,  this gives you some ideas.  If you need any more just holler.  Dee

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:26:47 PM by teesquare »
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline TwoPockets

Re: Dee Stafford's Nekkid Chicken Breast Helpers
« on: February 13, 2013, 09:42:13 PM »
I saved those too Tee. If I try them I will promise to do pictures so that Dee will know what his food looks like.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 12:09:56 AM »
I saved those too Tee. If I try them I will promise to do pictures so that Dee will know what his food looks like.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 07:24:31 AM »
Dee must eat while blindfolded.... that way he can simulate his posts on the forum ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 09:42:13 PM »
Sometimes they is so good the camera's speed is too slow. I take a lot of recipes from Taste of the South magazine (which has recipes on line) and modify them for the grill, smoker, or SRG.  Dee
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:46:33 PM by deestafford »
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers