FORUM SPONSORS > MAK Grills

Pork Chops. Yumm.

(1/3) > >>

M in MAK:
Hey all! Cooked some pork chops last weekend from the good people at Pigtail Pork & BBQ. What fantastic flavor! :P I was really impressed. I used Betty's outrageous rub on 2 of them and Betty's smok-n-hot rub on the other 2. Seared both sides on high for about 2 min then I dropped the grill to 375 for the rest. Really juicy and flavorful chops. Now the asparagus... Did not turn out as well as I wanted. :'( I lightly brushed them with melted butter and a splash of olive oil, then added garlic seasoning. Anyone have a favorite recipe they wouldn't mind sharing??  ;D

mikecorn.1:
Great looking plate! ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

squirtthecat:

Ditto.  It all looks great from here.

Scallywag:
Looks good from here!!

RickB:

--- Quote from: M in MAK on March 07, 2013, 03:51:17 PM ---Hey all! Cooked some pork chops last weekend from the good people at Pigtail Pork & BBQ. What fantastic flavor! :P I was really impressed. I used Betty's outrageous rub on 2 of them and Betty's smok-n-hot rub on the other 2. Seared both sides on high for about 2 min then I dropped the grill to 375 for the rest. Really juicy and flavorful chops. Now the asparagus... Did not turn out as well as I wanted. :'( I lightly brushed them with melted butter and a splash of olive oil, then added garlic seasoning. Anyone have a favorite recipe they wouldn't mind sharing??  ;D

--- End quote ---

To be honest I rarely cook asparagus on the grill. It can go from raw to limp in seconds as you experienced . If you really want to grill them be sure you get the very thick spears. Blanche them for about 2 minutes, ice bath till cool.  Add a little olive oil, lemon juice and garlic powder s&p and you are good to go. A little balsamic vinegar is a great addition. Grill till tender but crisp.. Chops look great and the pasta makes a great side. Nice job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version