FORUM SPONSORS > Savannah Stoker Pellet Grill Control System

Hard wiring temperature probes to the Savannah Controller

<< < (2/2)

muebe:
Sending you a PM

Savannah Stoker Controller:
Not to go in great lengths of why, but your issue is with the extension you made. The sensor has to be hardwired to the back of the controller or connected to the connector on the front of the unit because of the location of the cold junction compensator inside of the controller. Also the Traeger RTD is not compatible with the SSii.

The temp sensor supplied with the SSii is the same one used with the original SS but with a 1/8" mono phone plug instead of the original yellow 2 blade connector. For the installed version, again we are using the same sensor, but has wire leads, and the spring is removed as it is not needed. It is supplied with an aluminum mounting bracket until we can have the sensor made to mount in the same manor as the Traeger RTD.  See Page #10 of the manual for installation instructions of the installed sensor. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10544659/Users%20Guide%204-04-13.pdf

You can:
1) send me your address (savannahstoker@suddenlink.net) and I'll send you a sensor with wire leads,
2) you can cut off the phone plug and hardwire to the back of the controller; RED to terminal #15, BLUE to terminal #16. If you do this option, I would suggest installing a short piece of Heat Shrink tubing on each of the wires braided fiberglass insulation as the braid will come unbraided and could short out the sensor.
3) You can remove the yellow connector on the original sensor and hardwire it to the back of the controller. In the future you can rewire the yellow connector if needed.

PepperMike:

--- Quote from: Savannah Stoker Controller on May 15, 2013, 10:45:48 AM ---
You can:
1) send me your address (savannahstoker@suddenlink.net) and I'll send you a sensor with wire leads,
2) you can cut off the phone plug and hardwire to the back of the controller; RED to terminal #15, BLUE to terminal #16. If you do this option, I would suggest installing a short piece of Heat Shrink tubing on each of the wires braided fiberglass insulation as the braid will come unbraided and could short out the sensor.
3) You can remove the yellow connector on the original sensor and hardwire it to the back of the controller. In the future you can rewire the yellow connector if needed.

--- End quote ---

Thank you very much, email sent....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version