Author Topic: Saber Grills  (Read 1674 times)

Offline hikerman

Saber Grills
« Reply #-1 on: May 27, 2013, 10:32:57 AM »
Does anyone have any experience or input on Saber Grills by CharBroil?
They are supposed to be built much better than CharBroils, on line with the Weber Genesis. I was looking to buy a pellet grill or off-set smoker, in the very near future, but with lots of folks here this week and using my Brinkman gasser, it appears it's days are numbered. So I guess I should replace the gasser first.  >:(

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Saber Grills
« on: May 27, 2013, 10:40:46 AM »
Does anyone have any experience or input on Saber Grills by CharBroil?
They are supposed to be built much better than CharBroils, on line with the Weber Genesis. I was looking to buy a pellet grill or off-set smoker, in the very near future, but with lots of folks here this week and using my Brinkman gasser, it appears it's days are numbered. So I guess I should replace the gasser first.  >:(
The Saber brand is CharBroil's "upper crust"  grills.   They are higher in price and are or should be made of a better grade of metal.  I have read where folks are still having the same issues with metal fatigue  as the lower priced grills  :( .

I'd research them before lay out that kinda MONEY!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline hikerman

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 10:51:07 AM »
Thanks Tommy!  Yes they are pricey. As usual I'm trying to gather info to be frugal and get the best bang for my buck.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 10:57:53 AM »
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline hikerman

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 11:08:00 AM »
Thank you gentlemen. It's hard to argue with the quality of Weber. And Jack, after reading your posts and others, I fully intend to order Grill Grates for whatever I get. I was leaning towards CharBroil IR, but sounds like not the best for Grill Grates, so probably a Weber it will be. Grill Grates must be a helluva product to buy a grill to suit the accessory! Not often do things work that way....

Offline hikerman

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 11:19:04 AM »
LOL, a true connoisseur!

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 11:49:00 AM »
I would say the Weber Genesis with grill grates is a nice option. Probably the choice I would make in that situation. But my Memphis handles my large grilling needs and also my gasser is just used now to clean the parts on the pellet grill using high heat. Better than wasting pellets burning off the crud since my gasser is natural gas ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline hikerman

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 11:53:19 AM »
Mike, I've got "Grill Envy" now!  LOL

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 05:13:21 PM »
If I were looking at a pellet grill, it would be the RecTec.  They are unbelievable.  Extremely well built and very economical on pellets.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers