Spriited Discussions > SPIRITED DISCUSSIONS

Looking forward to trying these...

(1/2) > >>

muebe:
Picked this box up from Costco ;)

Pappymn:
Gonna have to check those out. Did the Sam Adams brewery tour like 15 years ago. Very cool. Get the chance......do it

veryolddog:
Hi Everyone,

Sam Adams is very good beer. I prefer dark lagers and ales. So, I have been purchasing Shiner Black Bohemium Lager. It's a very nice beer.

My son, went into the brewing business a couple of years ago and has a small craft brewery in Connecticut in which he is the brew master, distributor, bottler, and chief operator. Actually he is doing very well.

He has won several awards for quality and distinctive labels. As a craft beer maker, he brews seasonal beer,ales and porters some of which he repeats on an annual basis that are widely accepted.

If you get ever get up to Plainville, CT, he has tasting hours on Friday and Saturdays. He usually has 6 or 7 beers on tap. He sells then in 32 or 64 ounce growlers or people can buy the bottles in a variety of liquor stores. A lot of restaurants have his casks on tap.

Have a great day!

Ed

muebe:
Ed that brand looks familiar. Do they carry it at BevMo? I am always up for a new brew ;)

veryolddog:
Hi,

I think that he is only licensed to produce and sell in the State of Connecticut. He has talked about going into Mass. but this will require more permits and a bunch of other paperwork and fees.

A lot of restaurants have picked up his beers in CT so he is getting wider publicity. Since he is small, he is taking his profits and investing back into the company in order to purchase more and larger beer making equipment. Two months ago, he doubled his physical size and is waiting for more of the apparatus to be delivered that he has ordered.

It is very good beer. Some of which is to my taste and others it is not. He traveled the world three times picking up all kinds of beer recipes in Eastern and Western Europe and Asia. He lends his own touch and purchases unique hops to create new tastes and features.

Ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version