Author Topic: New Little Gasser  (Read 624 times)

Offline hikerman

New Little Gasser
« Reply #-1 on: June 07, 2013, 03:45:21 PM »
I had been pondering over the pellet grills for awhile. I decided on a Green Mountain Daniel Boone, but haven't officially pulled the plug on it yet. Probably Monday, anyway, the gasser we had, an older Brinkman 4 burner was getting long in the tooth and it was clean up week in our town, so the old gasser took the final ride out to the curb. That left us with a TBE, and a CB 500X char. grill.
I was leaning towards a Weber Spirit 3 burner for the quick/late nite meals. But I guess my dearest one got tired of my anal investigations and brought home a Char-Broil T-22 IR  last night. I had the day off today, so I assembled the lil' bugger, and am going shopping for the first meal on it. But only after a nice long bike ride. I'll report back on my first venture with a IR grill.
Happy Friday All!  ;D

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: New Little Gasser
« on: June 07, 2013, 10:38:14 PM »
I had been pondering over the pellet grills for awhile. I decided on a Green Mountain Daniel Boone, but haven't officially pulled the plug on it yet. Probably Monday, anyway, the gasser we had, an older Brinkman 4 burner was getting long in the tooth and it was clean up week in our town, so the old gasser took the final ride out to the curb. That left us with a TBE, and a CB 500X char. grill.
I was leaning towards a Weber Spirit 3 burner for the quick/late nite meals. But I guess my dearest one got tired of my anal investigations and brought home a Char-Broil T-22 IR  last night. I had the day off today, so I assembled the lil' bugger, and am going shopping for the first meal on it. But only after a nice long bike ride. I'll report back on my first venture with a IR grill.
Happy Friday All!  ;D
Congrats I think your gonna like that grill.
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline hikerman

Re: New Little Gasser
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 11:01:06 AM »
Thanks Tommy!  Cooked the 1st meal on it last night. Sorry no pics, things got a little hectic around here last night. We had thick tilapia filets with Tulocay's Fish and Shellfish Rub, eggplant rounds with a seasoned panko and parmesan coating, and zucchini strips with olive oil and curry seasoning. It was all excellent, esp. the eggplant. Grill performed wonderfully. But the best part, after cooking with all the coatings, esp. the fish, grill looked like 50 meals had been cooked on it. But...after burn off, everything was clean as a whistle in a few moments.  Today...pork steaks are marinading right now, to be grilled with baby bella mushrooms and maybe some collard greens with bacon. Now the grass needs mowing......