Author Topic: SCORE !!  (Read 1795 times)

Offline CaptJack

SCORE !!
« Reply #-1 on: June 27, 2013, 05:44:58 PM »
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 03:48:46 PM by CaptJack »
King of the OldSmokey

Offline Old Hickory

• Creston, Ca. Member #52
Re: SCORE !!
« on: June 27, 2013, 05:59:40 PM »
Yep, that's a good score around these parts.  I'm sure we will see this on Old Smokey soon.
Char-broil SRG
Bradley 4DS w/ dual elem mod, PID
Charmglow 5 burner pgg w/rotisserie
Weber Kettle w/rotisserie
Pit Barrel Cooker
Cuisinart TOF-60

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 10:13:10 AM »
Looks good even before cooking.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 12:07:07 PM »
it's a game I play
trying to find good cuts of beef for less than $4#
it's incredible how much meat prices have gone up!!

some of the stores I shop at are getting $2.69~$2.99# for wings !!
the store I normally shop at are charging $1.99# for wings
and .88ยข# for leg quarters
which I still consider HIGH!

and usually the cheapest beef is $3.99# !!

We are getting the change we voted for :'( :'(
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 12:10:38 PM »
Unfortunately, that is true. I guess we all need to start playing the "game". That is a good score!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 02:47:38 PM »
Yippee!!!

Our locally owned grocery has boston butts at $1.19 lb.  Their's are usually fresh - not cryo-ed.  I have taken some pulled pork sammies to the meat dept for the butchers...they like that.

Since we have a 80% chance for rain Fri AND Sat, I may have to smoke one in the MES.  I didn't get to cook last weekend and I'm having symptoms of withdrawal...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 02:52:37 PM »
Nice score. Not having such luck in my regular grocers - everything is over $4 / lb!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 02:56:31 PM »
Great price on a great cut of meat!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 03:06:37 PM »
Yippee!!!

Our locally owned grocery has boston butts at $1.19 lb.  Their's are usually fresh - not cryo-ed.  I have taken some pulled pork sammies to the meat dept for the butchers...they like that.

Since we have a 80% chance for rain Fri AND Sat, I may have to smoke one in the MES.  I didn't get to cook last weekend and I'm having symptoms of withdrawal...

Jaxon, HEB stores have pork butts at $ .99 lb. on special this week and their surplus store, Joe V's, has them at $ .99 lb. everyday; however, this is hearsay from someone who does all my shopping (but I have learned that I better listen to her when she talks).

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 03:10:38 PM »

[/quote]

Jaxon, HEB stores have pork butts at $ .99 lb. on special this week and their surplus store, Joe V's, has them at $ .99 lb. everyday; however, this is hearsay from someone who does all my shopping (but I have learned that I better listen to her when she talks).
[/quote]

Don, would you mind picking up a few and shipping 'em east?  They'll probably need to be on dry ice.
On second thought, the shipping and ice will probably offset the $.20 a lb...
Thanks, anyway, but never mind.  I'll just get an extra one here and cook it in your honor.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 03:19:41 PM »
That's a good price for pork butt @ $0.99 per pound. I have to run by there and pick one just to have around. But, I already have one in the freezer. Sam's had them for $1.19 per pound on Wednesday.

Today, I went to get a Tri Tip at my favorite little meat market which always sells them for $5.79 per pound and I glanced at the Briskets which they sell a lot. They had Angus Prime Brisket for $2.59 per pound which is a deal because they normally sell for $3.59 a pound. So you could pick up a 17 lb. full packer for $45.00. That's good meat. I have one in the freezer yet to cook which is USDA Choice for $1.77 per lb. Ummm, I wonder if a Weber can smoke a brisket?  :D

Ed

An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 08:25:40 PM »
That's a good price for pork butt @ $0.99 per pound. I have to run by there and pick one just to have around. But, I already have one in the freezer. Sam's had them for $1.19 per pound on Wednesday.

Today, I went to get a Tri Tip at my favorite little meat market which always sells them for $5.79 per pound and I glanced at the Briskets which they sell a lot. They had Angus Prime Brisket for $2.59 per pound which is a deal because they normally sell for $3.59 a pound. So you could pick up a 17 lb. full packer for $45.00. That's good meat. I have one in the freezer yet to cook which is USDA Choice for $1.77 per lb. Ummm, I wonder if a Weber can smoke a brisket?  :D

Ed

Some of my best briskets have come off the 22.5 kettle..check out this briskie I did a while back VOD:

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=1309.0
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline pz

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 12:39:35 AM »
Yippee!!!

Our locally owned grocery has boston butts at $1.19 lb.  Their's are usually fresh - not cryo-ed. ...

I haven't seen a price like that in my are in ages - I'm envious!

Offline UWFSAE

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 01:25:01 AM »
For anyone in the Houston area, Kroger has pork butt on sale for $.79/lb, though you're limited to two.  I may or may not have been guilty of getting someone to get me two more on their tab ...  ;)
Joe from Crosby, TX
Smokin-It #3
Weber Genesis E-330