Author Topic: dinner on my day off  (Read 3995 times)

Offline RAD

dinner on my day off
« Reply #-1 on: July 09, 2013, 06:28:24 PM »
1st time trying jerk chicken.

Love to cook and eat

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Re: dinner on my day off
« on: July 09, 2013, 06:54:44 PM »
Plate looks great. I had some chicken quarters my brother made in his grill dome last weekend that he marinaded in some jerk maridade. Good stuff. OH, Don't know if you noticed, but someone snuck some peas on your plate.  ;) :P

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 06:59:04 PM by mikecorn.1 »
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 06:57:16 PM »
Plate looks great. Don't know if you noticed, but someone snuck some peas on your plate.  ;) :P

lol.  icky peas   :'(.....  chicken looks great buddy.   8)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline RAD

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 07:00:44 PM »
Peas are good when done right...um, that's what I tell myself.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:45:43 PM by RAD »
Love to cook and eat

Offline Pappymn

dinner on my day off
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 07:05:08 PM »
Think we need a section for pea posts, so the two people that like them can have a "safe space" to discuss all things peas. ???

All chicken posts are welcome though ;)
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline RickB

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 07:36:45 PM »
I just dont get peoples problem with peas. They are the most amazing food on earth. You can cook them, eat them and they come out the other end just like the were in the package!  ;D ;D

Offline Pappymn

dinner on my day off
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 07:39:25 PM »
I just dont get peoples problem with peas. They are the most amazing food on earth. You can cook them, eat them and they come out the other end just like the were in the package!  ;D ;D

When ever I eat corn I say "see you later".      I then get the look from the wife ???
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline RAD

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 07:43:30 PM »
 ;D

When ever I eat corn I say "see you later".      I then get the look from the wife ???
;D ;D ;D ;D
Love to cook and eat

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 07:43:56 PM »
Pappy I call corn kernels "tracers" ;)

I really believe that peas are something that were never really meant to be eaten but to torture children. Then over years and years of kids gagging & convulsing they have been found to be edible some how ???

IMHO their nutrition does not negate their terrible taste :P

Great looking plate BTW RAD except for the hideous peas!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:45:28 PM by muebe »
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 08:28:01 PM »
Looks great Rad!! I was raised to eat everything placed in front of me and you did not leave the table until it was gone. Many a night I sat at that table for hours choking down spinach, peas etc.. One day I looked down at the heat register and voila, a instant pea disposal. That went on for a couple weeks until pops heard that register slam down and boy did I get a Tanning. I remember him shop vacking that register out and him yelling " Get your Arse back in that bedroom".  I like peas now but surely don't love them ;)

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
dinner on my day off
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 08:34:11 PM »
Looks great Rad!! I was raised to eat everything placed in front of me and you did not leave the table until it was gone. Many a night I sat at that table for hours choking down spinach, peas etc.. One day I looked down at the heat register and voila, a instant pea disposal. That went on for a couple weeks until pops heard that register slam down and boy did I get a Tanning. I remember him shop vacking that register out and him yelling " Get your Arse back in that bedroom".  I like peas now but surely don't love them ;)
Pardon my stupidity on this Tuesday ;D but what is is heat register? ??? Yeah, my dad did the same thing. Sit there and eat but we never had peas when I was growing up. ;D now my great grandmother would make us eat fresh picked spinach, COOKED!!

Mike
Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 08:48:16 PM »
Pardon my stupidity on this Tuesday ;D but what is is heat register? ??? Yeah, my dad did the same thing. Sit there and eat but we never had peas when I was growing up. ;D now my great grandmother would make us eat fresh picked spinach, COOKED!!

Mike
These things in the floor :)

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
dinner on my day off
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 08:57:05 PM »

Mike
These things in the floor :)

Ha! Yous a bad kid, lol  ;) ;D :)

Mike
MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline hikerman

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 09:04:55 PM »
Rick, corn is like that too. No matter how many times you chew it......turns to whole kernel again!

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 05:56:00 AM »
I LOVE PEAS AND CORN... both times!  :D
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS