Welcome Center > Announcements

LTBBQ COOKBOOK....?

<< < (9/10) > >>

Palmyrasteak:
This sounds like a good idea  :) I'm in!

CDN Smoker:
If it's something we all could use I would gladly support it.

PoppyBill:
I'm in! Not sure want I could contribute, but I'd certainly buy one!

teesquare:
I am always interested in trying to help make this a reality…If anyone wants to volunteer - that can run this as a project, we can make it happen. Sounds like pz has the tech-savvy part…

DO we want it to be strictly an on-line thing? Or a published on paper cookbook? How would we up-date it? Make it a loose leaf?

Ideas ladies and gentlemen?

pz:
I'd be willing to volunteer to maintain an online cookbook (heck, I'm online most of the time anyway).  I installed the recipe database a while ago that appears to be simple enough to use, yet has enough features to actually be somewhat useful  ;D.  Essentially anyone can submit a recipe, which enters an approval queue to ensure that it is not spam.  Pictures can even be added.  Once approved, the recipe appears in the list.

The advantage of online is that the recipe database is searchable, and any recipe can be printed for a hard copy of your personal favorites.  There are unlimited categories, and we can tailor the existing ones to our preferences.  It even does RSS

This is a really simple system, and certainly is not as sophisticated as something like allrecipes.com, but it could be a central location for our favorite recipes.  I've already copied several recipes from LTBBQ (with proper credits of course) so I can more easily find them.  It is currently hosted on one of my servers, but if you like, I certainly would not mind turning over the administration to you Tee or any of your designees.

If anyone is interested, here's a link: Recipes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version