Author Topic: Way off topic...but near and dear to me.....  (Read 2376 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Way off topic...but near and dear to me.....
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 10:09:26 AM »
Glad you liked it Mike! It was a teaser for the full video - I do not know if that has been released yet.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 01:48:04 PM »
Israel as a people have come back from near extinction to what they are today. Part of the reason they have survived is they were forced to become their best. They are surrounded by enemies and have to stay one step ahead. Surrounded by countries that want to force them into the water. They are a strong  people with values. And everyone there has to serve in the military.

No one there standing with their hand out waiting for their government to take care of them. Too busy using their hand to clean up debris from a school that was blown up by a suicide bomber.

Imagine if we had to deal with the weekly carnage they do!

Thanks for the link to that video Tee. I found it very inspiring.

Great Post Mike.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 02:37:04 PM »
Tim,
Thanks for this link.  I have been a strong supporter of, not only Israel, but the Jewish people for most of my life.
I was taught from childhood that these people and this land have been a vital  part of God's plan for mankind.

In the biblical book of Genesis, chapter 17, beginning in verse one I quote:

1 When Abram was ninety–nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty; walk before me and be blameless. 
2 I will confirm my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers.” 
3 Abram fell facedown, and God said to him, 
4 “As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations. 
5 No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations. 
6 I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. 
7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 
8 The whole land of Canaan, where you are now an alien, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God. ”

This was the beginning point for the Children of Israel - the Jews.  How can there be any doubt about God's involvement in their history after seeing how they have been delivered time and again from all the attempts to annihilate them?  If God did indeed make a covenant with them - and He did - I would not want to be on the side of those who would come against Israel.  Recent history - 1948 is the year I was born - should help us to see that the Covenant is a forever Covenant.  The land God promised to give to Abraham and his descendants is in their hands today.

Oh, and one more quote from Genesis 12: 2 “I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. 
3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you. ”

Disclaimer:  If this is offensive to you, please report it to the moderator.  It is not my intention to offend anyone, but to add to this post a little more detail and explanation about Tim's comment about the intervention of "the supernatural" in Israel's history.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 02:39:18 PM by Jaxon »
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 05:29:27 PM »
And that's a fact Jack.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 08:38:10 PM »
I'm still searching to the answer as to why so many Jews in America are anti-Israel.  I've read different "explanations" but none of them fit how some people can be so self-hating.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 08:44:24 PM »
I'm still searching to the answer as to why so many Jews in America are anti-Israel.  I've read different "explanations" but none of them fit how some people can be so self-hating.

Dee

That is a very deep sociologic discussion Dee.... ;)But keep that on on the list for us to chat about at the FG.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401