Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Food Safety Issues

Old Wire Brushes

<< < (2/4) > >>

drholly:

--- Quote from: smokeasaurus on September 05, 2013, 02:17:41 PM ---I haven't used a pumice stone since my Old Fry Cook days...that brought back some memories. I am guilty of using my brushes a little too long than I should....I better swing by the Depot later......Thanks Dee for bringing this to our attention  :)

--- End quote ---
I started using them again when I got my Blackstone... nothing better. They are great on the Baking Steel as well.

Palmyrasteak:
Very good advice.  ;)

Ka Honu:
Thanks, Mom.

sparky:
this just happen to me the other day cleaning the weber q.  took everything about and washed down w/ water then seasoning again.  all better.   8)

pz:
Happened to me a year or two ago - inch long stainless steel wires ion the grill.  Inspected the brush, and it was old and should have been replaced much sooner.  The synthetic black material which housed the bristles had been compromised over the months by too much heat, causing bristles to come loose.

Take home lesson for me: don't expose the brush to excessive heat, and replace them more frequently.  I've not had a problem since, and I carefully inspect the grill after each brushing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version