Author Topic: Kamodo cooker vs. WSM & Kettle  (Read 7609 times)

Offline Jaxon

Re: Kamodo cooker vs. WSM & Kettle
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 07:11:59 PM »
Let me add this from a backyard jack...

I have been welcomed from the start even though my "favorite cooker" changes almost weekly and my cooking skills are still elementary.  Ya'll have carried me from the beginning - all the while encouraging me and giving me help every time I ask.  You don't care what I cook on this week - heck, you care if I don't cook, we're STILL friends.

B T W, just to keep up with this thread...I cooked beef ribs on the new old $10 Weber yesterday.  Had the coals on each side with a water pan in the middle, under the ribs. I couldn't do a thing to keep the temps below 315.  Howsomever, they cooked nicely over that indirect heat and turned out pretty darn good (what little bit of meat was on them bones).

What difference does it make which cooker i'm usin'?  I just wanna be OUT there...in the backyard with fire and meat.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 07:23:25 PM by Jaxon »
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 08:01:09 PM »
Jack - You said it all.  Nice cook too.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 08:07:51 PM »
Try just one charcoal basket next time buddy. Toss in 25 unlit and take out 8 or toss in 17 and light 8  when the 8 are lit, just add em to the top of the unlit 17. Add wood if you wish.

Barely crack your bottom vents and keep your top vent wide open and you will be around 250 degrees. Just add about 8 unlit briquettes every hour and you will be styin and profilin.... 8)

Watch my post tomorrow, that is how I will be using the kettle for my best recipe.................well.....an older Weber recipe, I have tweaked it a bit......................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 09:11:43 PM »
Sounds like you have it down to a science...
I'll do it...
AND, I'll be watchin' for your post tomorrow.

Thanks...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!