Author Topic: Anyone Seen This?  (Read 4526 times)

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
Re: Anyone Seen This?
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 08:42:25 PM »
Smoke , I've never had a Kamodo , I used to think if I could afford one I'd get one , but I may be too ADD to want one :o
I like having to tinker with a cook, I don't use my WSM or Double-Chef often although both will do a 10+ hour smoke without touching.
For a cheap kamodo the Char-Grillernis well thought out.
The interior is porceloin coated & has a firebox that is replaceable.
With care this could last a long time.
The UDS is CHEAP & with a little work & $30 would be a very good vertical smoker that looks fairly long lasting.
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 10:00:24 AM »
I have not seen this on personally - but for $129 - it sounds like a pretty good deal LA. especially with the porcelain interior and replaceable firebox.
T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 11:35:29 AM »
You can also order extra gaskets from Char-Griller..they have them in stock.....
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 12:08:37 PM »
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 09:24:33 AM »
Well, I ordered one for my brother who is gonna try to get into smoking. He is the classic grilling kinda guy but the bug finally bit him.
He has extensive nerve damage in his left arm from a car wreck years ago and some days he cant even lift up a pencil with his left hand.
So I was concerned about what smoker he should get. I thought of the WSM but the mid section will be too heavy for him. I remembered how much LA likes his Char-Griller Kamodo but my brother felt for the price paid and if he didn't like smoking what would he do with it.......I would have taken care of that for him!!  :D
So we saw this Cajun Injector smoker on this thread and with the sections being able to come off, it would be easier for him to clean and the unit is not super heavy gauge steel so we pulled the trigger.

Academy has it on-line for sale for 99.00!! and a measly 15.00 for shipping!!  Will let ya all know how we like it.

It is gonna be on my patio for about a month until I know for sure he can handle the pit cooking wise and safety wise......look for some reviews in the next couple of weeks..........I sure hope Smoochy doesn't think it is for him!!  :o
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven