FORUM SPONSORS > Savannah Stoker Pellet Grill Control System

WIFI question..

(1/3) > >>

dawrecknq:
Getting ready to add the SSII to my Yoder 1320, I am tired of the unreliability of the Yoder controller. Even after I just put a new one in, it doesn't maintain consistent temps. I am convinced this is the way to go. Are all SSII wifi compatible and are there any android based apps that you know about. I found one Rock Stoker and the Cyber Q wifi; any feed back? I like the idea that it makes monitoring my grills so much easier. Along with being able to graph my cooks. As a beginning competition cook team, I need any advantage I can get.

Dan

muebe:
The SSII is not wifi compatible. If you pair it with a Rocks Stoker that does WiFi then you can control your pellet grill with the Stoker.

dawrecknq:
Muebe....Thanks for the info; much appreciated. Will be adding that too.

okie52:

--- Quote from: dawrecknq on November 08, 2013, 04:07:24 PM ---Getting ready to add the SSII to my Yoder 1320, I am tired of the unreliability of the Yoder controller. Even after I just put a new one in, it doesn't maintain consistent temps. I am convinced this is the way to go. Are all SSII wifi compatible and are there any android based apps that you know about. I found one Rock Stoker and the Cyber Q wifi; any feed back? I like the idea that it makes monitoring my grills so much easier. Along with being able to graph my cooks. As a beginning competition cook team, I need any advantage I can get.

Dan

--- End quote ---

I thought Yoders had good PIDs.  I'm going to replace my Traeger Ortech with a Savannah II.  I haven't decided yet if I will buy a Rocks Stoker since I'd probably only use it for wifi and iphone applications and I'm pretty satisfied with my Maverick 732 (which I prefer over the Igrill) although it would be pretty cool to be 100 miles away and control your smoker...if only I could find someone to fill the hopper and put on the food I'd probably get the Rock's stoker.

Last time I checked Savannah Stoker II's were out of stock.  If you know of a place that has them in stock please let me know.

GrillGeek:
I'm curious too what you're seeing as far as unreliability with the Yoder controller. The 1320/1500 are without a doubt one of the most stable pits I've ever used.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version