Author Topic: A Rescue from the Bone Yard or.....  (Read 3873 times)

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Re: A Rescue from the Bone Yard or.....
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 02:56:42 PM »
Hey TenPoint  Got any updated pics?  Thats a heck of a find!
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline tatonka3a2

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 05:08:50 PM »
Wow!!!!   Very cool.  What a great find and one heck of a cool project.  Can't wait to see the outcome....

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline Tenpoint5

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 11:12:06 AM »
Hey TenPoint  Got any updated pics?  Thats a heck of a find!

It has been tormenting me since I pulled her in the back yard. I SOOOOOOOOO want to go out and play with her. However, I am still under doctors care for my shoulder which still isn't healed up correctly. The doctor says there is still a tear in the muscle but it doesn't go all the way through the muscle. He is waiting until my next visit in July to decide if we will do surgery on it again. To compound matters The company that I worked for decided that they didn't need 2 of the printing presses in our plant. So I along with 23 other folks got laid off. My only income is my Workmans Comp check and my wifes part time job. So I have avoided trying to lift (What feels like a 2000 lb lid) the lid on the big cooker at all costs. That would be all I need to have some PI take a picture of me lifting that lid and loosing my benefits. I am waiting until my shoulder is completely healed, then I will tackle  that monster in earnest. Until then I have been using My SRG, My Traeger, My 2 Bradley's, and my 22" Weber Platinum. So I'm good Just waiting to get all healed up. Then I can find a new job.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 11:37:12 AM »
Gotta be careful on WComp  10.5,  ya just know from time to time you are being watched.......good luck on your healing and the best of luck getting work........and then.....get that pit ready to smoke!!  ;D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
A Rescue from the Bone Yard or.....
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 11:40:04 AM »
Sorry to hear about the job. That socks. I was surplused a couple years back and was on unemployment for 8 months. Not a good feeling. Especially when I had a 3 month old at the time. Good luck. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline Old Hickory

• Creston, Ca. Member #52
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 01:43:38 PM »
Be careful are two key words.  You have some other toys to keep the smoke rolling.
Char-broil SRG
Bradley 4DS w/ dual elem mod, PID
Charmglow 5 burner pgg w/rotisserie
Weber Kettle w/rotisserie
Pit Barrel Cooker
Cuisinart TOF-60