Welcome Center > House Rules

Computer virus, spamm, and other destructive material

<< < (2/4) > >>

CDN Smoker:

--- Quote from: Albert Rivera on December 28, 2013, 11:27:13 AM ---Just got off another BBQ forum where I intended to post my latest request for out door kitchen photos and quickly closed the site for fear of a virus or spam.

There were numerous spam messages with offers for online drugs for sale. This situation has been ongoing for many days without any remedy by site administrators.

I am glad this site is going to great lengths to protect against malicious invasions of folk that do not have much better to do than abuse others.

Thanks Tim and other admins! Good Job!

--- End quote ---

Online drugs what the heck kinda forum is that ???

--- Quote from: Pappymn on December 28, 2013, 11:43:45 AM ---Other BBQ forum? I thought this was the only one. ;D

--- End quote ---

Yes Pappy I live here to

RAD:
Albert, I was over there today and saw the same thing. You shouldn't worry about getting a virus unless you actually click on the links.

Ka Honu:
That was spam?  Now you tell me.  I just spent half the night looking up all the drug names to see if I wanted any of them. I guess I'm lucky I logged on here before I went back to place my order.

sliding_billy:

--- Quote from: TentHunteR on December 28, 2013, 11:47:59 AM ---I think Tim's decision to ask new members to respond to an email before they're allowed to post was nothing less than brilliant. That goes a long way to keep spammers out.

--- End quote ---

Agreed (except for the part about calling Tim brilliant... don't want it to go to his head).

Keymaster:
I left a BBQ forum lickity split due to the same problem. They weren't so family friendly :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version