FORUM SPONSORS > Cookinpellets.com

Time to clean em up!!

(1/2) > >>

chris becker:
Just a note... this is the time of year that I do a  C O M P L E T E cleaning of my grills. Take out all the pellets from the bin/hopper, remove all dust buildup.
I vacuum out the ash pot with a cheap harbor freight car vac that I can clean easy enough. scrap down the ash buildup from inside the grill area. Change out any foil, empty grease traps or buckets and get it ready for the season. I do the same thing at the end of normal grilling season, late fall, but still use the grill all winter long.

For gas grills if they have been stored all winter... bring them out and remove all lava rocks or flavor rocks, metal, anything that will clean up. I take the burner tubes out and make sure no creepy crawlers have made nests in them at the end of last season... O blow them out and flush in soapy water then rinse well and let dry before replacing them. Amazing how much crude gets into outlets for the flames. Yes I do still use a gas grill but mostly as a food warmer for large parties.
For a Charcoal grill I just rinse, scrub with soapy water and rinse. Let dry and ready for the first cook of the season.

Let me know if I missed anything!
Smoke On!
Chris

spuds:
Good reminder,I'll get mine done next week.

Las Vegan Cajun:
Sounds like you got it all covered.  ;)

africanmeat:
That is a great idea .

sliding_billy:
Got my offset pretty good a few weeks ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version