Author Topic: Beef Short Ribs  (Read 3489 times)

Offline RAD

Re: Beef Short Ribs
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »
Great looking ribs  :P :P :P
Love to cook and eat

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 07:18:42 PM »
Very nice! We get em for 1.49 to 1.99/lb usually but arent that meaty.I get them frozen and have them cut the racks in half lengthwise,keep frozen.

Then give a section to the dogs when we leave home to bribe em to be good.They are starting to look forward o being left home alone.

Someday hope my beefs on the PBC will be that nice,you nailed em.
Thanks Bill,thats exactly right.

Are you sure you aren't getting beef back ribs?  They taste great but are far less meaty than shorts.  That price sounds it would be for backs.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 11:40:42 PM »
I don't know how I missed this one, those look great, I wonder if Hutchins has beef ribs like this???

He has them on Saturdays (but not always if his distributor is out).  They are (of course) not part of the AYCE.

I bet they are good and I can see him not putting them on the AYCE, especially if he sees you coming through the door! :D ;D

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 02:31:02 PM »
Look amazing, did you keep it simple Texas style salt and pepper?

Any beef I do, I just use salt, pepper, and some garlic powder, and let the beef and smoke speak for itself! 8)
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 02:37:11 PM »
You guys had to bring up Hutchins....and me this far away..... :'( :'( :'( :'( ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 02:40:58 PM »
Look amazing, did you keep it simple Texas style salt and pepper?

Any beef I do, I just use salt, pepper, and some garlic powder, and let the beef and smoke speak for itself! 8)

The majority of the rub is 50/50 S&P, but I do put a little bit of garlic, onion and white sugar in my beef rub.  I also put some coffee grounds in.  Most of the Texans that I know that profess to using S&P only are lying through their teeth.  :D
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 03:05:17 PM »

The majority of the rub is 50/50 S&P, but I do put a little bit of garlic, onion and white sugar in my beef rub.  I also put some coffee grounds in.  Most of the Texans that I know that profess to using S&P only are lying through their teeth.  :D

I hear you on the lying but I have used nothing but that and it truly was perfect

[attachment deleted by admin]
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 03:16:30 PM »
Great looking rib.  Agreed that it tastes great.  Just saying that it is a bit of a catch phrase that folks use.  Most of the time, you can clearly identify other ingredients in the rub (Franklin).  It is the same as when you hear people talking about cooking brisket at 200 degrees for 24 hours.  It is a sound bite.  ;)
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS