Author Topic: The Rec-Tec at the Fall Gathering  (Read 2109 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
The Rec-Tec at the Fall Gathering
« Reply #-1 on: August 05, 2014, 07:39:18 PM »
As y'all who have attended the last  two Fall Gatherings we have had the us of RecTec's cooking trailer (Thanks to Tim) which had four RecTec grill fully loaded with pellets and everything. Everyone who used them really enjoyed them and those of us who ate the food cooked on them loved the food.

Well, the other day I went to their HQ to make arrangements for the trailer this year and the place was closed tight as a drum. No sign, note or nothing.  Why?  So, I called the number I had for them and the person who answered the phone told me....they have moved!!  They have out grown their old location.

Today, I went by their new location and it is bigger, larger and has more space.  Not only is it bigger, larger, and has more space it is much nicer.  Business is booming.

As of now they see no problem with us getting the trailer this year.  These are great people.  They also carry some rubs with their label, the smoker tubes, and the Grill Grates.

Also, expect a big announcement from them within the next three months if everything goes as planned.  They told me some things and asked me not to repeat them.  Just suffice it to say we will be happy and maybe have less money. 

For the new folks, check out the Fall Gathering posts in this section for detailed info about the Fall Gathering....it's free.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: The Rec-Tec at the Fall Gathering
« on: August 05, 2014, 07:48:38 PM »
Ahhhhhhhh you're killing me Dee! I ALMOST pulled the trigger today - hesitated for unknown reason. So, I will wait for announcement, but I am dying!  ;) ;D ;D ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 08:08:56 PM »
Hey Dee,

I hope you know I am just funnin' you!  ;) ;D ;D

I know what it is like to be given a sneak preview of what MIGHT come down the road and have to be quiet about it. Many times these do not happen and when they do as good as they are does NOT take Anything away from what already is out there.

So, please know this was meant in humor... when I can afford a Rec Tec I will be likely buying a Rec Tec.

Thank you my friend,

David
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 08:28:36 PM »
I hope they are coming out with a more portable unit like the Traeger Junior.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 08:35:55 PM »
I hope they are coming out with a more portable unit like the Traeger Junior.  ;)

That would be my wish too!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 08:37:30 AM »
As y'all who have attended the last  two Fall Gatherings we have had the us of RecTec's cooking trailer (Thanks to Tim) which had four RecTec grill fully loaded with pellets and everything. Everyone who used them really enjoyed them and those of us who ate the food cooked on them loved the food.

Well, the other day I went to their HQ to make arrangements for the trailer this year and the place was closed tight as a drum. No sign, note or nothing.  Why?  So, I called the number I had for them and the person who answered the phone told me....they have moved!!  They have out grown their old location.

Today, I went by their new location and it is bigger, larger and has more space.  Not only is it bigger, larger, and has more space it is much nicer.  Business is booming.

As of now they see no problem with us getting the trailer this year.  These are great people.  They also carry some rubs with their label, the smoker tubes, and the Grill Grates.

Also, expect a big announcement from them within the next three months if everything goes as planned.  They told me some things and asked me not to repeat them.  Just suffice it to say we will be happy and maybe have less money. 

For the new folks, check out the Fall Gathering posts in this section for detailed info about the Fall Gathering....it's free.

Dee
I know what it is and looking forward to the news. Till then  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 09:08:26 AM »
David, What are you talking about when you can afford one?  I saw two there in the warehouse with you name and shipping address on them.  They said you wanted two--one for the week days and one for the weekend.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 10:01:03 AM »
Dee some pictures of their new facility would be nice :P

Glad to hear they are doing well!

I heard the rumor was they are adding TendaRub to their rub and spice selection ???
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 10:52:26 AM »
Dee some pictures of their new facility would be nice :P

Glad to hear they are doing well!

I heard the rumor was they are adding TendaRub to their rub and spice selection ???
Yes Dee, with your background in photography I figured you would posted a bunch of pictures  :D :D :D

Muebe, that's not a rub, they added it to the wrong list.  It was to be added in the maintenance  list for self cleaning  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 11:11:49 AM »
David, What are you talking about when you can afford one?  I saw two there in the warehouse with you name and shipping address on them.  They said you wanted two--one for the week days and one for the weekend.  Dee
Dee,
Actually, I wanted one for the front porch and one for the deck. It's not the Rec Tecs - it's the darn shipping that kills me...  ;) ;D They gotta get a warehouse n Minnesota where I can pick them up!
Member #

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 03:37:44 PM »
muebe, I actually took some yesterday and they were amazed at the high quality of which they had never seen and  promised me something if I let them have the pictures to copyright and include in all their promotions.  They could not get over the quality, structure, and composition that out shined what they had paid thousands of dollars for.  Since I hated to see grown men on their knees crying, I gave them the pictures.  I'm sorry but my heart is tender at times and LTBBQ members desire for quality photos will have to suffer because of it.  Dee

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 05:58:17 PM »
muebe, I actually took some yesterday and they were amazed at the high quality of which they had never seen and  promised me something if I let them have the pictures to copyright and include in all their promotions.  They could not get over the quality, structure, and composition that out shined what they had paid thousands of dollars for.  Since I hated to see grown men on their knees crying, I gave them the pictures.  I'm sorry but my heart is tender at times and LTBBQ members desire for quality photos will have to suffer because of it.  Dee
Dee,
You are a true gentleman......
D
Member #