Author Topic: My greatest fear..an egg  (Read 29205 times)

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
My greatest fear..an egg
« Reply #-1 on: January 13, 2016, 11:01:10 AM »
Well..I seasoned my debuyer pans and gave them the ultimate test, I fried an egg..crossing finners that this works without sticking. Preheated pan with some Pam sprayed on it..cook on med low. Came out perfect..no sticking. I'm thrilled..seasoned and cured 4 times with coconut oil.  Was going to load a video of egg sliding around the pan, but photobucket sux and won't let me login. Egg was perfect tho.  Guess I did good. I love these pans.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline hikerman

Re: My greatest fear..an egg
« on: January 13, 2016, 11:08:06 AM »
Well..I seasoned my debuyer pans and gave them the ultimate test, I fried an egg..crossing finners that this works without sticking. Preheated pan with some Pam sprayed on it..cook on med low. Came out perfect..no sticking. I'm thrilled..seasoned and cured 4 times with coconut oil.  Was going to load a video of egg sliding around the pan, but photobucket sux and won't let me login. Egg was perfect tho.  Guess I did good. I love these pans.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

Pam we purchased a set of these about 5 years ago. My only complaint with them is that we should have bought them sooner! We love them more and more! So many ways to utilize their versatility! Enjoy!

Offline Pappymn

My greatest fear..an egg
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 11:29:25 AM »
For me at least. I think I like the pans most because they are old school, and generations of chefs have created great food with them. They are all natural and not fancy. I feel more like a chef when I use them.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 11:38:10 AM »
Glad you are happy with your pans Pam!!! Would have been nice to at least see a pic but you are related to your Uncle Dee :) Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 11:44:35 AM »
Glad you are happy with your pans Pam!!! Would have been nice to at least see a pic but you are related to your Uncle Dee :) Don
Don..all I have is a pic of pan heating..video is too big to upload and photobucket won't let me login..go figure..but egg slid all over the pan. I'm thrilled.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 03:55:47 PM »
For me at least. I think I like the pans most because they are old school, and generations of chefs have created great food with them. They are all natural and not fancy. I feel more like a chef when I use them.

Have to agree - and there is something to the "feeling like a chef" thing... I take more chances and find the end result (most times) is better for it...  ;) ;D ;D

I also have the De Buyer Blue "crepes" pan - excellent for fried eggs and omelets.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 05:47:42 PM »

Great news Pam.....I got my two last week will need to follow your lead :D
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill