Author Topic: Ok guys, talk me off of the ledge here! - Too Late :P  (Read 38356 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Re: Ok guys, talk me off of the ledge here! - Too Late :P
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2016, 12:27:08 PM »
I don't ever knock other grills and I like that about this forum. We can all talk about what we prefer without stepping on toes. I like that it stays respectful here! That's a rarity this day and age. As for the Blackstone, it looks real nice. Maybe I should get one of those too! ;) :P

If you don't hear from me for a while, you'll know that I bought it, the wife flipped and I am MIA!!! LOL!!

Jack, I don't know if I'll be coming or not. I WANT to but I don't know if I will be ABLE to. If I am able to come, the UUNI and KBQ would be good traveling companions. I'll try to give a heads up as soon as I know one way or the other, I hate pushing it to the deadline but that's likely how it will play out.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline RG

« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2016, 02:49:20 PM »
Welp, got some dough balls proofing, about to make some sauce. Looks like pizza for lunch tomorrow. Steph wants to do a Uuni vs. Keg pizza battle. Why not? If the Keg wins, you know I'll never hear the end of it, lol.

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Roget

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2016, 04:02:16 PM »
Just make sure the best pizza comes from the Uuni. All the time talking up the Uuni for ease of use, clean up, etc. Then after that you can use whichever one you want.
I could be wrong, but I'll bet the Uuni will be the go to.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2016, 04:20:34 PM »
Welp, got some dough balls proofing, about to make some sauce. Looks like pizza for lunch tomorrow. Steph wants to do a Uuni vs. Keg pizza battle. Why not? If the Keg wins, you know I'll never hear the end of it, lol.

Might want to get a few Uuni pizzas under your belt before an official challenge. It took me a few pies to get it the way I like it. The height adjustment on the pellet stack controls the temp and the amount of pellets you start with has an effect also. Your first pies might not come out the best. You know your Kegs well....
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2016, 09:15:58 PM »
Congrats to RG on his purchase!  I have now researched and watched most of the videos on the Uuni2 and it is impressive, however is there really $300.00 there? What am I missing? Amazon just sent me a deal on the Blackstone  for $288.00 there appears to be a lot more cooker there for buck. Is it because of the stainless? Educate me please... :)

Tom,

My BlackStone makes the best pizza I have ever been able to make.
It makes a great calzone also. It can make everything from Neapolitan to deep dish to near perfection.
Neapolitan 80-90 seconds, thin crusts in 2 1/2 minutes, New York & American style in 3 -5 minutes.
If you like the leoparding on the pizza crust, you will love the BlackStone.

Thanks for the advice, I've already told the wife that I am pulling the trigger this weekend on the Blackstone!  I believe that it will be convenient especially during the winter!

Not knocking the Uuni. I'm sure it makes great pizza also.
just sayin.....
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2016, 11:23:56 PM »
Congrats to RG on his purchase!  I have now researched and watched most of the videos on the Uuni2 and it is impressive, however is there really $300.00 there? What am I missing? Amazon just sent me a deal on the Blackstone  for $288.00 there appears to be a lot more cooker there for buck. Is it because of the stainless? Educate me please... :)

Tom,

My BlackStone makes the best pizza I have ever been able to make.
It makes a great calzone also. It can make everything from Neapolitan to deep dish to near perfection.
Neapolitan 80-90 seconds, thin crusts in 2 1/2 minutes, New York & American style in 3 -5 minutes.
If you like the leoparding on the pizza crust, you will love the BlackStone.

Not knocking the Uuni. I'm sure it makes great pizza also.
just sayin.....

Yes...the Uuni uses WOOD...and that added touch of wood oven flavor is a great touch ;)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2016, 12:28:45 AM »
OK you're off the ledge!!! :) Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline RG

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2016, 03:10:13 AM »
LOL, I guess I AM off of the ledge :D

You guys did your job, or did you? I think maybe the post was intended mostly to talk me out of buying it :P

As of now, no regrets though. Hopefully it stays that way. Pizza making time today, time to see what this little cooker can do.

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2016, 07:01:48 AM »
Purchased the Blackstone last night should have it by Monday! Wife's first question was, Where are you putting that? Gotta re arrange the garage today to make room  :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline RG

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2016, 09:06:43 AM »
Tom, your wife sounds like mine. Every time I buy a grill/smoker that's the first thing she asks me. "Where ya gonna put it?" she says, lol. I magically always find a spot ;)

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2016, 09:16:03 AM »
That is what I like about this forum..everyone is free to choose what fits their lifestyle and all are right about it. I guess I like all the ideas behind your decisions, personal preferences. Very enlightening.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline RG

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2016, 10:31:11 AM »
Pam, I have no rhyme or reason for half the stuff I buy. If I'm intrigued by it, I stew on it for a while and think about it and 80% of the time I end up buying it if I still want it after said period of time. The KBQ for example, I first saw it 2 years ago. I liked it but didn't buy it on impulse. My Wife thinks I did, she says that I am very impressionable, lol. Partially true. The UUNI I saw maybe a year ago and thought it was nifty. I didn't buy it then, actually forgot about it for the most part. About 6 months ago, I started reading more about it, read Mike's post from back to front (I'm weird like that sometimes). I read his and your comments on it, made the decision to look harder into the purchase of one and just like with the KBQ, we see where it got me, lol. It was a much easier pill to swallow than the KBQ though, much cheaper!

I am going to make a prediction right here and now. I will make pizzas on it today, Steph will eat it and say one of two things to me. The first being "It's no better than Kegged pizzas, you wasted $300.00"

The second thing she may say is "It's better but not better enough to have spent $300.00!" or some variant of that such as "It's better than the Keg but not $300.00 better"

I hope I am wrong, but I know how she thinks. She's as stubborn as a damned mule and will not give me the satisfaction of admitting that I am right. It's a tale as old as time. That's how it works with married couples, lol. The same can be said for her Jeep that she's got. I don't think it's worth what we paid for it but that's what it took to buy it and "restore" it. It's rare that we both see something as having the same amount of value but we accept it and move on. We've been doing it now for (dating included) 26-27 years now. It's a give and take. She's a good girl, wouldn't be what I am without her!

Either way, the report will be soon coming. I don't even know if I am going to fire up the keg. I may just cook'em all on the UUNI. I have 5 little bitty dough balls and will make 5 itty bitty pizzas. I imagine the first 1 or 3 will be not as pretty as the last ones. I expect to torch some :P

After my UUNI experiment, I am looking forward to seeing what damage Tom can do with that Blackstone! I am excited for him!

Fun times ahead for all, pizza for everyone!! Woo Hoo!!

Offline Cajunate

• Eatin Louisiana
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2016, 10:39:07 AM »
Waiting to see results! :)
Traeger Executive 125
Broil King Keg 4000
Primo Jr. Oval
 Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot
Various Outdoor Burners and Pots
Custom made Deep Fryer
Old Fashioned Open Pit Grill

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2016, 11:21:38 AM »
RG..we just agree to disagree here..then go on,,I hate arguing, I will walk away first..and then he runs..just sayin..good luck on the pizzas, just watch them close..it cooks faster than you think. We need pics too.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline RG

« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2016, 11:41:10 AM »
Pam, not sure what you mean by agree to disagree here. I agreed with you, lol! Not sure how you interpreted what I typed to mean otherwise. I agree that it's a good thing we all like what we like and don't judge people by what they buy or don't buy and that we are all okay with that. I just blabbed on about MY mindset when it comes to buying things, how I rationalize my purchases. If you took that in a negative way, then I apologize. I have a background on another forum of people being intolerant so that's the FURTHEST thing from my intent here. I am here to make friends, not enemies :)

As for the pizzas, I am sure they cook at warp speed and I am afraid I'll be taking that door off probably TOO much worrying about it and trying to rotate it excessively, lol. Gotta start somewhere though!