Author Topic: Cleaning the SRG  (Read 15215 times)

Offline JMF

Cleaning the SRG
« Reply #-1 on: June 11, 2018, 06:07:15 PM »
I just purchased a used TBE SRG. It’s defdinately used and I’m not sure the previous owner “seasoned” it. New to smoking and this forum so this could be a silly question, but is thee a need to clean the inside of this unit and season it? If so how should I go about the process of cleaning it? The grill plate is pretty dirty. Thank you in advance.

Offline zueth

Re: Cleaning the SRG
« on: January 02, 2019, 07:42:28 PM »
I just purchased a used TBE SRG. It’s defdinately used and I’m not sure the previous owner “seasoned” it. New to smoking and this forum so this could be a silly question, but is thee a need to clean the inside of this unit and season it? If so how should I go about the process of cleaning it? The grill plate is pretty dirty. Thank you in advance.

Don't think you need to clean it that much, I just wipe down the sides with cooking oil.  If there is a good amount of build up on bottom of cooking chamber I would clean that out.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Cleaning the SRG
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 08:08:34 AM »
If your not sure about it needing cleaning I would brush it down (inside chamber) wipe it with a good oil peanut or canola  oil and trun it on high to re-season the chamber. 

You'll also want to make sure the outer part of the cooking chamber is wiped down with oil as well and put the grate on top and clean it and oil as well.

Any build up inside can be scraped and removed easily just make sure ever two or three cooks to wipe the chamber with oil to keep the chamber seasoned well
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION