Author Topic: Farmer's Mkt. demo cook.  (Read 4251 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Farmer's Mkt. demo cook.
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 03:08:26 PM »
It was fun Tommy. But is was also semi-managed chaos.... :D
Arn't most cooks like that?  ;) ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 03:53:44 PM »
Great looking cook, looked like lots of fun.
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Farmer's Mkt. demo cook.
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 12:33:52 PM »
All looks great!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2013, 11:31:54 AM »
Thank God Art was there to keep you under control ::)
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2013, 03:34:42 PM »
Looks like you guys had a good time cookin' & servin' up some great food.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 05:15:09 PM »

It was an agreement with my probation officer.... :D Here is Sheriff at work... Art

We had a great time, showed the PBC and the MAK to a lot of folks, and the food came out pretty good too ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 05:22:20 PM by teesquare »
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2013, 05:26:16 PM »
And the recipes we used:
BOINKS...( BAHHH + OINK )
A great appetizer and party tray food...lamb meatballs with a piece of bacon as a belt or top-hat. Your choice!
INGREDIENTS:
1-lb CHERRYFIELD FARMS GROUND LAMB 1-lb CALEE'S COOP FARM BACON 2-3 tbsp SavorSpices.com Chicken Savor 1 small egg
toothpicks - approx. 10-15
Plus a few crackers or bread crumbs if needed to adjust the moisture of your mixture.
DIRECTIONS: Mix above ingredients by hand. Roll meatball into ping-pong ball size. Dust a little more Chicken Savor on top of them.
Place on baking sheet into grill or oven at approx. 350F for 20 minutes or until their internal temperature reaches 165F (or a little higher - never less than 165F)
Remove from oven or grill.
Cut Calee's Coop Farm Bacon into approx. 1-1/2'' inch pieces. drape over top of meatballs and pin them with a toothpick. Or you can cut pieces longer and wrap them around the meatballs - like a belt, and pin them with a toothpick.
Dust a little more Chicken Savor on top of them.
Put them back in the grill or oven until the bacon is done to your liking. 20 minute or so for medium done bacon, longer for crispy bacon - to your taste.

FINISHING SAUCE:
(This can be used on all kinds of meats (pork loin, lamb, ham, chops, and I like it especially for the Boinks recipe.)
INGREDIENTS:
1 Jar of J & D'S HOMEMADE JAM - I like blackberry, apricot, or peach - but they are all GREAT!
1-3 tbsp apple cider vinegar Jalapeno powder or cayenne powder A pinch of salt
DIRECTIONS:
Remove lid and place jar of jam in the microwave for approx. 1 minute - to make contents liquid. (This can also be done in a pan of water over the stove.) Pour content into mixing bowl.
Use a fine wire strainer to remove solids. Use the back of a tablespoon to squeeze all the liquids thru the strainer.
Add 1-3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to taste. You want to balance the sweet with the tart in this sauce.
Add salt. Add SMALL amount of jalapeno or cayenne - stir well and taste as you add the amount of heat you like.
I put this in a squeeze bottle, like the ones you see in every restaurant for ketchup.

COSMO FARM CHICKEN
Rub skin with butter or canola oil, then apply your choice of Steak Savor, Chicken Savor or BBQ Savor (all available from SavorSpices.com). Cook over charcoal for approx 2 hours at 275-290F and ALWAYS check the internal temp of the chicken at the breast and the thigh (avoid thermometer contact with bone) to make sure it reaches at least 165F.
TransylvaniaFarmersMarket.com
BUSYBEE GROUND BEEF SLIDERS
Add your choice of Steak Savor or BBQ Savor at 2–4 tbsp per lb. of meat. Mix in and cook burgers as desired. Make certain all ground meat reaches 165F internal temperature.

CALEE'S COOP BACON
We applied Super Pig from SavorSpices.com and cooked in a wood pellet smoker @350F for approx 45-50 minutes. You can also cook it in your oven, or any grill on a fine wire cooling rack above a foil lined pan to catch drippings.
MOUNTAIN VALLEY MEATS BREAKFAST SAUSAGE & EGG SANDWICH We added W.O.W. (Way Out West Trail Dust) to the CALEE’S
COOPS eggs and scramble.
Recipes courtesy of Market Vendor Tim Tucker of Savor Spices – visit SavorSpices.com

8 OWLS FARM GOAT LEG ROAST
Goat is the one domestic meat to be yet discovered and fully utilized by chefs. We think it will become very popular soon! It should be cooked long, and at low temperature to insure adequate time for a tender cut of meat.
Marinade the roast in an oil and vinegar based dressing and Chicken Savor or Fine Swine & Bovine from SavorSpices.com overnight in your fridge – or, for a small to medium (2-4 lb) cut of meat you can combine:
1 qt. buttermilk (Don't use fat free. We want the fats to help moisturize the meat.) 1 pt. to 1 qt. water (Use enough to cover the meat.) 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar 1/4 cup of sea salt or kosher salt
2 tbsp cracked pepper 3-4 large sprigs of fresh rosemary – bruised 1 tbsp coriander 1 tbsp cumin 1 tbsp Allspice
Mix well and chill to 40 degrees.
Pierce the goat all over with a jacquard or a fork to help insure marinade can penetrate. Place in a nonreactive dish (no aluminum or cast iron - but plastic, glass or stainless is fine) with a tight cover and place in refrigerator for at least overnight or up to 24 hours.
Remove, rinse and pat dry. Apply a small amount of yellow mustard as a "glue" and then apply a liberal amount of your choice of Chicken Savor or Fine Swine & Bovine from SavorSpices.com.
Over high heat, sear the outside of the goat roast, turning it to prevent burning, then turn down heat to 225-250F and cook for several hours until internal temperature reaches 160F.
Remove goat roast, double wrap in foil, adding 1 cup of apple juice, 3 tbsp of soy sauce, and 4 tbsp of Fine Swine & Bovine or Chicken Savor to the foil.
Put roast back in oven/grill and cook until internal temperature reached 205F. Remove and allow to rest for 15-30 minutes. It should "pull" like pulled pork.
Recipes courtesy of Market Vendor Tim Tucker of Savor Spices – visit SavorSpices.com
TransylvaniaFarmersMarket.com
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »

It was an agreement with my probation officer.... :D Here is Sheriff at work... Art

We had a great time, showed the PBC and the MAK to a lot of folks, and the food came out pretty good too ;)

I guess it was my turn to "watch Tee for the day".  His wife was busy making him some money to spend.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline bbqchef

• Cape Cod BBQ
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 06:31:41 AM »
The local health department would never allow that here. They wouldn't even let me set up a smoker outside the restaurant unless it was fully enclosed.

I had another location on a golf course and they wouldn't let me use outdoor grills.

Ya gotta love it <lol>!
Author of "Mastering BBQ"
KCBS CBJ & CTC/ Ph. B.
Broilmaster P-3
Yoder YS640
WSM x 3
CharBroil Big Easy
Grill Dome Infinity
Enough cast iron to sink a ship
Weber kettle
Lodge hibachi
A garage full (literally) of cooking gear, pellets, charwood and wood chunks (no room for a car)

Offline Sam3

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 06:37:34 AM »
WOW! This is great! I don't know how I missed this thread.
MAK 1 Star #385
Bradley OBS w/mods
WSM 22.5
Weber Platinum
Char Broil BEESR
La Caja China
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »
Unfortunately, our local ordinances prevent this type of fun at the local farmers' markets. However, fall fast pitch softball is coming up and the rules are easier. I'll be picking your brains about things we might do for our concessions as we get going in August. Thanks for a great thread!

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2013, 11:54:46 AM »
Took me a minute to figure out that this was an old post.  When I read the title I thought you were posting something about tomorrow's visit to the Dallas farmer's market.  :D
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2013, 01:36:27 PM »
I looked at this earlier but forgot to reply how great it was for you guys to do this. Great looking food and I have to find some goat to try! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/