Author Topic: ROAD TRIP  (Read 5248 times)

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
ROAD TRIP
« Reply #-1 on: January 21, 2014, 12:09:38 PM »
Hey, guys and gals of the bbq universe, I'm about to start on a little road trip all by myself plus 2700 of my closest friends. I will be out of pocket for about a month or so. Just didn't want Dee to worry about me. You know how he gets when somebody disappears for any length of time. I'm not real sure how much internet access there will be, but I will try to connect every now and again (if I can) whenever there is a little down time. I should be back by the end of next month for about a week and then going back for another 10 days or so in the middle of March for another round of fun working in the cold weather. Can't wait to get this over with. I will tell y'all how much fun it was when I get back. I will miss everybody, but I'll be thinking about all the good food that keeps showing up on this site and that should keep me going throughout this ordeal. Keep the fires burning and adios for a while.

Offline TwoPockets

Re: ROAD TRIP
« on: January 21, 2014, 12:12:33 PM »
Have a good trip and be safe. It doesn't sound if this is strictly a pleasure trip, but have fun.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 12:24:37 PM »
Hey Ken, you are so right. This won't be much fun at all working 20 hour days almost every day. It never gets easier. The safety is what I am a little concerned about.

Have a good trip and be safe. It doesn't sound if this is strictly a pleasure trip, but have fun.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 12:26:19 PM »
Sounds like Superbowl work to me Don ;)

Be safe and take care.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 12:31:47 PM »
Sounds like Sochi to me..don't have too much fun without us. And stay safe..don't like what I'm hearing about the 4 black widows that are trying to be there. I heard one may have gotten in already...take care of you. Pam    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 12:32:03 PM »
Be safe and careful out there Don! Keep in touch when you can! Catch you on your return!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 12:35:19 PM »
Sounds like Superbowl work to me Don ;)

Be safe and take care.

Mike, actually Fox is doing the superbowl this year. I get to do it next year. I'm gonna try to be safe. Maybe Tommy's son can loan me his bulletproof vest for a while.

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 12:37:07 PM »
Hey Ken, you are so right. This won't be much fun at all working 20 hour days almost every day. It never gets easier. The safety is what I am a little concerned about.

If you need someone to watch your back let me know. I am armed and dangerous and bored to death.
Ken

Char-Broil The Big Easy

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 12:41:58 PM »

If you need someone to watch your back let me know. I am armed and dangerous and bored to death.

Ken, I would trust you with my life. Actually, we are taking our own security force, but it is still not clear if they will be allowed to carry weapons or not and I'm thinking probably not..

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 12:44:30 PM »

Ken, I would trust you with my life. Actually, we are taking our own security force, but it is still not clear if they will be allowed to carry weapons or not and I'm thinking probably not..

Ok, now you are getting me worried. PM me with your full name, social security number and date of birth and I will take out a large term life policy on you.
Ken

Char-Broil The Big Easy

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 12:47:49 PM »

Ok, now you are getting me worried. PM me with your full name, social security number and date of birth and I will take out a large term life policy on you.

And probably a couple of car loans and a few credit cards?

I have been assured that we will be as safe as possible.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 12:49:55 PM by IR2dum »

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 12:48:49 PM »
Take Care and Travel Safe ;D

Take lots of photos to post later
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 12:50:06 PM »

And probably a couple of car loans and a few credit cards?

:D
Ken

Char-Broil The Big Easy

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 12:57:18 PM »
Take Care and Travel Safe ;D

Take lots of photos to post later
Thanks.
I will be posting over 1500 hours of live video over 6 different platforms. More hours than Salt Lake City and Vancouver combined. By the time I get back, you will have seen it all.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:42:38 PM by IR2dum »

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 01:06:01 PM »
Sounds like Sochi to me..don't have too much fun without us. And stay safe..don't like what I'm hearing about the 4 black widows that are trying to be there. I heard one may have gotten in already...take care of you. Pam    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

I don't like black widows; however, I am looking for one of those Russian mail-order brides that I can bring back and resell here in the states. As they say, buy cheap and sell high.