Author Topic: ROAD TRIP  (Read 5250 times)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Re: ROAD TRIP
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2014, 04:04:18 AM »
Welcome home again Don!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2014, 09:23:18 AM »
I talked to Don a couple of days ago and we were talking about him going to the Crimea and straightening out Putin.  After we discussed it for awhile, did some research, and found out NBC wouldn't pay him milege and per diem we decided the heck with it.  So, he's back with us now rather than over there.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2014, 10:26:11 AM »
Welcome home Don!!!!   Dang glad your back safe, now get to cooking!!!!   :D :D :D
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2014, 10:51:48 AM »
Welcome back. If you post a trip report it would be interesting to read about it.  :)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2014, 11:13:15 AM »
It was good to do a short chat with you & Pam last night! Have a good trip! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2014, 11:59:30 AM »
welcome home cuz
we stood in the rain for an hour last Saturday at Killen's
and it was soooooooo worth it  ;D

Cuz, I am so envious of you. Did you inquire how long the lines are during the week? We need some play time soon.

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2014, 12:43:01 PM »
I talked to Don a couple of days ago and we were talking about him going to the Crimea and straightening out Putin.  After we discussed it for awhile, did some research, and found out NBC wouldn't pay him milege and per diem we decided the heck with it.  So, he's back with us now rather than over there.  Dee

I thought they were willing to do all that but the deal-breaker was their continued refusal to put stewardesses on the Gulfstream.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2014, 05:56:19 PM »
Welcome back can't wait to see some photos  ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2014, 06:00:59 PM »
Welcome back home Don.  Break's over, fire up your grill!!

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2014, 10:32:13 PM »
Welcome back can't wait to see some photos  ;D

Sorry, Don. I didn't take a single photo. First, I didn't take a camera and second, I didn't turn on my phone because of malware that suspiciously appears on your phone when you activate in country. I did, however, send back over 5,539 hours of video for your viewing pleasure. Hope that you got to see a little of it. I spent most of my time at the Sanki Sliding Center up in the mountain cluster. Got to ride the train up there and back everyday (about 25 miles). Most of my friends and I stayed at The Radisson Blu Resort and Spa which is only about 3 blocks from Olympic village down in Adler. A very nice hotel. When you walked around the grounds of the resort, you might think you were in Florida with all the palm trees and tropical landscaping. All in all, I had a good experience with the Russian culture. Didn't see any frantic late construction or unfinished hotel rooms or missing door handles or anything that we were lead to believe. It seems that the only people that had trouble with their accomodations were the print media, but you have to know by now that those guys make up the words they write to make the story fit their ideologies. I didn't try any local Russian food because all of our food was shipped from home. We even had a makeshift McDonald's that went with us. Love me an Egg McMuffin and hash brown in the morning (especially when it is all-you-can-eat and free). I didn't have a language problem because we had an interpreter that sat between the director and me and did all the communication between my production van and the IBC (International Broadcast Center). OK, enough for a while. If I think of anything interesting, I'll let y'all know and if anybody wants to know anything real specific, just PM me. As someone once said, thanks for listening. Oh, by the way, I did see Vladimir Putin walking into the Laura Bi-athalon Stadium one day last week. That was the day that the Russians finished Gold, Silver, and Bronze in the para-cross country. He ignored me completely and we are still not on a first name basis or even a nickname basis. I was going to call him Vlad and he was going to call me 2DUM. Oh, well. Second, by the way. Russian mail order brides are not as easy to get or as pretty or as cheap as those magazines state.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:39:47 PM by IR2dum »

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2014, 10:43:39 PM »

I thought they were willing to do all that but the deal-breaker was their continued refusal to put stewardesses on the Gulfstream.

Turtle, I want you to be my agent and negotiate my next contract. I think you can get me a stewardess this time.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2014, 11:24:12 PM »
AND...

Turtle - remember that Don wants a good supply of pickled eggs on the Gulfstream  any time he flies.  :D ( That should prove entertaining on a trans-atlantic flight....) ??? ::) ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401